PDA

View Full Version : Small blessings

Goatwhiskers
07-04-2018, 10:29 AM
What RL posted went straight to my heart. Meant to post last nite but was having computer (operator) problems. My neuropathy is making my fingers twitch, makes for some interesting typing. Backspace is wonderful. Anyway, I spent Monday nite in the ER of our little rural hospital. Thank God it's there. The combo of the neuropathy and the misplaced screw in my back flared up and I could not walk. Started gathering "stuff" to go to hospital and literally fell forward into the closet among the other old junk. Phone was in my shirt pocket and no way to reach it, head and arms in the closet. Hard but managed to scoot back ward and out. Made the call and got responders and went to town. Frustrated, yes, but not worried, it's all under His control. Had a wonderful nurse to hold my hand, turns out she was there when I had my heart attack, also when I lost my wonderful wife. PS 23 carried me thru all of it. Anyway, He has given me a beautiful day, gonna make me some coffee and enjoy it. Have a blessed one! GW

Pine Baron
07-04-2018, 11:50 AM
GW, I'm happy to hear you're home and I'll join you with that cup of coffee. Praying for you brother.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-04-2018, 12:00 PM
May God continue to be with you, Sir; and may He continue to bless you with improved health and your great attitude.

Boaz
07-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Just saw this ! Dang it GW ! If you get any kind of twinge you do 911 ! Call me when you can .

Charlie

Blackwater
07-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Hang in there, Goat! Nothing succeeds like determination and pure ol' "never give up" attitudes! A man without a goal isn't much of a man. As we get older, these goals get simpler, and more elemental. I wake up every morning just thankful for yet one more day to live, love and work. God has been SO very generous to me in life, I'd feel ashamed of myself to the point of humiliation if I complained about anything. Remember, a lot of folks did NOT wake up this morning!

Keep the faith. Sometimes I think God gives his best and brightest an extra challenge or two so that they can demonstrate to many others how one bears up under them, and still manages to honor and love the Lord. Why else would He allow us to suffer, given his undeniable love for us?

Goatwhiskers
07-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Blackwater, thanks, I needed that. Today is just one of my rough days. I know I'm not the only one with troubles and God will bring me through it, God and a lot of friends I didn't know I have. I'm reading a book "For Thou Art With Me" of a woman's journey with God ghrough cancer and it's aftermath, a series of poems "given" to her during her early quiet time of worship and communication. I haven't made it through one yet without shedding tears. Yeah, I know, real men don't cry. Every thing is really OK, and I'm gonna make it. GW

Blackwater
07-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Real men DO cry. We just don't make a big deal out of it. We know we're mortal, and will soon pass, so we don't get hung up on things that are "artificial" like "ego" and "pride." We just do whatever is fitting to do, without explanation or apology. It's taken me a lifetime to learn this. Hope it helps???