PDA

View Full Version : Lee precision inc.

double8
06-29-2018, 05:22 PM
I managed to break a primer adapter in my LEE NEW AUTO PRIME. I was unable to locate a replacement or part number.
I sent a question to LEE looking to buy a replacement part. The same day I received an email saying they are sending out a replacement the next day.

THAT, my friends is customer service !!!

Big thank you to Lee Precision, Inc.

Livin_cincy
06-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Shhhhhhhh.... Don't let Green or Blue people hear you say words like that.

Gtrubicon
06-29-2018, 06:45 PM
I’m a green, blue and red guy! I love my lee equipment.

Went2kck
06-29-2018, 06:57 PM
I like lee products. they do what is intended and work for me

big bore 99
06-29-2018, 07:01 PM
I like my Lee stuff. Never a problem.

OS OK
06-29-2018, 07:03 PM
I’m a green, blue and red guy! I love my lee equipment.

You forgot the grey!

bangerjim
06-29-2018, 08:56 PM
I have a ton of lee stuff and it all still works great!

I am not a name dropper! If it works who cares what color is is or who made it.

kmw1954
06-30-2018, 12:38 AM
double8 that is terrific that they came thru for you. I use their products because they are a neighborhood business for me. Keep the jobs in the state!

Stan_TN
06-30-2018, 02:27 AM
Yes the Lee guys are looked upon as frugal? But, it is simple and it works well for me. I have two Loadmasters and use them often. Work great for me.

fast ronnie
06-30-2018, 02:35 AM
I have some Lee dies that fit specific purposees that no one else makes.
I also use RCBS.
I also use Dillon.
There also at least two other brands in my cabinet.
I choose the best tool for the job at hand, and no one company does it all.

Rcmaveric
06-30-2018, 03:54 AM
i choose what i can afford. Lee has been good to me. Haven't had to call them yet, but their replacement parts are cheap and arrive quick. I broke a decaping pin in my Grenedel die and a priming arm on the hand primer. Less than 10 bucks for the parts.

Outer Rondacker
06-30-2018, 08:13 AM
Recently they have let me down. But I am still a big fan of all of them. Now that I type this all three let me down in the same way. I was looking for promotional banners and red, green said no. Blue said we will sell you one for 100+ dollars. I still love the way all of them work. I like the red the best.

daboone
06-30-2018, 10:40 AM
By Red you mean Forster right? Love the CO/AX. But it's served with several Lee dies on cases trimmer by Wilson!

L Erie Caster
07-02-2018, 09:16 PM
A lot of reloaders out there that would not have gotten into reloading if it weren’t for the low cost of Lee equipment. If it works for you, use it.

Dave W.
07-02-2018, 10:11 PM
This is kind of like what car do you drive? Some people like Fords, others are BMW people and some like Cadillac's. Each one will get you from point A to point B.

Smk SHoe
07-03-2018, 04:49 PM
This is kind of like what car do you drive? Some people like Fords, others are BMW people and some like Cadillac's. Each one will get you from point A to point B.
Except the ford, it will only get you part of the way there LOL.

"98% of fords are still on the road, the other 2% made it home"

docbrown
07-03-2018, 10:27 PM
I have had good service from Lee, Dillon, RCBS and Lyman. RCBS has on two occasions sent me replacements for things I broke. I even started the conversation with: "this is not any problem with your stuff, it was all me - I broke it", and they still would not take my credit card. Only time any of them have taken my money was when Fed Ex mangled (and I mean MANGLED) a box. I mainly use Lee simply because the volume that I reload for simply does not warrant much more than that.

megasupermagnum
07-06-2018, 11:35 PM
I ended up with a new auto prime that had me pulling my hair out. At one time I even chucked it out in the yard. I eventually went and got it (for parts), but emailed Lee. The next day they had new adapters sent out. Both my large and small adapter/elevators were faulty, they wouldn't even pass a primer through if you pushed it. The new ones have been very good to me. I still think it's a dumb redesign, but it does work well enough. I have to be careful about the angle or else primer will flip over inside. One even managed to go in sideways, thank god it didn't blow up. I really appreciate the new tray, it's a lot easier to use with the giant federal trays. The handle is nice too. If lee came out with a new auto prime, with a straight through shot instead of the elevator, I would probably buy 5.

bedbugbilly
07-07-2018, 09:10 AM
I own and use a bunch of Lee products - and they do work well. BUT . . . the one time that I needed customer service from them was when I bought a double cavity Lee mold through on of our good vendors here. And I'll add, it was part of an order for a bunch of Lee products. When I opened the old I couldn't believe that they would even allow it through quality control, much less send it out to a vendor to sell. The alignment pins were not installed deep enough to engage the alignment holes - well, not a hard thing to fix. But when they engaged the holes, the two mold cavities didn't even line up on the outer surfaces and the cavities were misaligned by probagly close to a 1/16 inch. I notified the vendor who asked me to take photos to send to hm and he would deal with Lee. I did and he forward his e-mails to Lee and Lee's customer service replies. Long story short, whoever handled the problem at Lee replied to the vendor that I obviously didn't know how to cast. Hmmm . . . guess I've been doing it wrong for the last 50 + years in the 100 or so molds that I own. He told the vendor to instruct me to send it back to them (on my dime) and they would take a look at it. O.K. - so a $20.00 mold plus shipping form the vendor to me - so let's say $28.00 mold would now become a $36.00 mold after I had to pay the postage to send it back to Lee for something that should never have left the factory. I was so mad when I read the CS rep's emails to the vendor that I decided to just drop it and I told the vendor that it wssn't their fault so I wasn't going to send it back to them. I keep it up on my bench in a spot as a reminder of their "great customer service" - and as a reminder to avoid buying another Lee mold. Maybe the CS guy was having a bad day? But I was in business a lot of years and I NEVER would have treated a customer with a legitimate problem by sending out e-mails to the vendor with comments like the CS guy made. If he worked for me, he would be out looking for another job.

As far as their products - they are a good value for the money and I do recommend their products. But if my one experience with their CS was typical, then they need to address that issue. I bought some RCBS dies and reloading equipment used a while after that experience and I needed a couple of small parts that were missing. I called RCBS to see if they had them with the full expectation that I would have to pay for them and was fine with that. The CS fellow I talked with there listened to what I needed, asked a couple of questions and said he would have to call me back as he had to check the shelves in the warehouse (the items were vintage). He called me back within fifteen minutes, asked me what my shipping address was and said he'd mail them out that day. I asked him the cost so I could give him a credit card number for payment - his reply was "There is no charge - we appreciate you using our products and we stand behind them. We are more than happy to be able to help you get what you need." I guess everybody's mileage varies . . . . .

RED BEAR
07-07-2018, 09:26 AM
i have been using the same single stage press since 1980 a lee i use a lot of lee molds and dies. i am glad you got good service from lee i have never had to try. but i have delt with big green and can't believe how good there service is they keep replacing wear parts for free. it is service like both of us got that makes loyal customers.

jungleman9941
08-11-2018, 12:35 PM
All of my stuff is Lee, its cheap and works good!

Livin_cincy
08-12-2018, 03:53 PM
The problem with LEE is ... You will buy any new offerings they come up with.
Their new hand primers, bench primer & Breech Lock Pro Press come to mind.

I would say that their presses are not semi-automatic. I cannot take a sleeping pill and pull the lever all night and trust that I made good ammo. You have to be alert and paying attention. I think this is by design for liability.

Seriously should you not check your press & charge operation every 100 primers ? Some want a press to make 1,000 rounds in an hour, turn off the light and go shoot them. Some of us are OCD and do QC on our rounds for peace of mind so we do not shoot the 1:1,000,000 that blows up the gun.

So in the end you have a bench full of stuff you own vs a bench full of stuff you are paying a credit card company to lease each month.

David2011
08-13-2018, 05:10 PM
I've been fortunate enough to be able to get pretty much whatever I want and that includes Lee products. Sometimes Lee just has the right product at the right price. I have expensive Dillon dies and inexpensive Lee dies, for example. Each was bought to fill a need and they all work as expected. The only Lee product I've had a problem with was a 401-175-TC six cavity mold that was misaligned. It was purchased to satisfy the need for a large volume of .40 S&W boolits. Lee replaced it without any difficulty.

robg
08-13-2018, 05:22 PM
I started out with Lyman but most of my reloading and casting kit is Lee it just works well and is priced so people like me can afford it ,maybe im an inverted snob but I don't feel the need for designer labels .

RogerDat
08-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Lee equipment is like a good women. Gets the job done that needs doing, just enough "character" to keep it interesting, surprises you every once in awhile with something new and innovative. All without costing you an arm and a leg. As an added plus Lee equipment doesn't have your sister in law or sympathetic girlfriend on speed dial.

Shawlerbrook
08-13-2018, 06:26 PM
I too have some Lee equipment and am very satisfied. I am glad we have all the colors.

AABEN
08-20-2018, 03:07 PM
I have Lee Turret Press 3 hole that was bought in the late 70 I thank and have load 1978 79 all of 80 & 90 up to 2018 and have loaded 3500 on the agave every year on it this year I have only used it very little 1200 rounds it is like a Time Mex it takes a lick-on and keeps going it will be here when I gone my grand son will take over using it! I am 78 disable that is why I could go shoot a lot after I got hurt in a deep vane coal mine 1000 feet deep I loaded 32 380 9mm 38sp 357nag 357SMG 375DW 44sp 44mag 45LC 454 s&w460 223 22 250 243 308 257Roberts 25.06 30.06 30 30 and some 7.62 39

Iowa Fox
08-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Plus Lee is a sponsor here. Blue and green are good but they aren't sponsors of this site.

nicholst55
08-20-2018, 07:28 PM
I began reloading with an original Lee Loader and casting with a Lee 1-cavity mold. Both worked well enough to get me hooked. I still use some Lee equipment, and find it serviceable. I honestly feel that Lee does the basics (dies, molds, etc.) better than they do some of the more involved applications. They have had some excellent ideas over the decades, but they are not always executed flawlessly. I feel that they could (and probably would) produce better functioning equipment if they were not exclusively trying to fit their price point. Design their equipment better, and manufacture it with better materials. I would probably buy a lot more. I have long since reached the point where I will happily spend a few more dollars in order to buy a better performing, less frustrating piece of equipment.

Hootmix
08-20-2018, 08:36 PM
The only thing that " really " ticks me off about my Lee reloading equipment ,,, I don't get "ENOUGH " time to use it as much as I want to . Hope that's going to change ,,,, " real soon ".

Coffee's ready ,, Hootmix .