PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Comcast shutdown

375supermag
06-29-2018, 02:47 PM
Hi...
News reports of a nationwide Comcast shutdown in spots from Pennsylvania to Colorado.

Having some difficulty here in southcentral Pennsylvania accessing email and some websites. the comcast home page refuses to update, as well.

If this continues I may be forced to go do something useful.
Not the way I envisioned spending retirement...

I do have quite a few reloading projects that I should be attending to...maybe this will motivate me to get to work on them.
Problem is...I have been retired for two weeks and this is the first day I had to do nothing and I wanted to do exactly that. Watch some gun-related Youtube videos and stay inside in the a/c away from the 90F temperatures and high humidity.

At least I can access some sites.

Anybody else having issues with comcast...just curious

Spruce
06-29-2018, 02:51 PM
I could access youtube, but this site has been on and off all morning. Thanks for the info, didn't know what was going on.

375supermag
06-29-2018, 03:04 PM
I could access youtube, but this site has been on and off all morning. Thanks for the info, didn't know what was going on.

I wasn't actually aware of it until my wife texted me from work.

I was outside doing some yard work and after a shower I made lunch.

After my wife's text message, I was able to access a local TV station website and read about the shutdown.
Some shooting forums are not working...haven't checked out Youtube yet.

Another one of those First World problems...minor annoyance, at best.

I was just curious if anybody else was having issues.

Wheelguns 1961
06-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Mine is back on now. It was out for about 3-4 hours

Idz
06-29-2018, 04:39 PM
Gee, I didn't even notice. I was out at the range shooting this morning 8-)

jdfoxinc
06-29-2018, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the world of what do I want to do now?

Minerat
06-29-2018, 07:12 PM
I haven't experienced any problems here. But then I'm on Century link and they are never down. I quit comcast cable because of the unreliability, may not have the speed but never lose service either.

abunaitoo
06-30-2018, 04:21 AM
I did notice utube was slow.
Is that the reason????

woodbutcher
06-30-2018, 06:58 PM
:coffee: From what I`ve read,there was a major fiber optic link cut.The longest outage that I`ve had was when a drunked up idiot decided to rearrange a utility pole with their vehicle.Was down about maybe 3 hours.I use Comcast.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo