PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for pics of disassembled bottom pour pots, specifically the pour valve

wjham77
06-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Lookin for pics of disassembled bottom pour pots, specifically the pour valve. I am curious about differences between designs. Ive searched google with no luck. I have a lee 4-20 so that one ive seen.

Hamish
06-28-2018, 12:23 AM
Basically you're looking at two inverted cones of slightly different angle, i.e. the male rod is a more acute angle so it can "overseat" into the orifice of the female spout.

Seen quite a number over time here on the forum, mostly in the "Special Projects" sub forum. I've never paid much attention to the angles posted, but I'm betting there's something of a standard as most all looked pretty similar.

Wouldn't mind seeing this answered my self as I've been wanting to do an A/C bottle pot for a couple of years.

TaylorS
06-28-2018, 12:57 AM
When I get mine finished I’ll take some photos in the process of building it( when time allows)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjham77
06-28-2018, 07:51 PM
I did have luck googling rcbs parts list , that had pics of the male parts, the new promelt had different angles than the old one, lyman just had a crude drawing on their partslist.