PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of made up carbines ............

Buckshot
11-28-2005, 08:54 AM
http://www.fototime.com/61730AD8CAD7A35/standard.jpg

Here's another abomination I cobbled up. In the rear is a M95 Chilean Short Rifle, and it's all correct and un-futzed with. It has a 3 digit serial number with no prefix, and Loewe production makes me think it's one of the first thousand produced.

Anyway, the one in the front is the issue. I had bought a couple M95 actions from Century for $29 complete. Some years before I had bought some NOS, FN produced 19.5" barrels chambered to 7x57 for the Brazilian M1922 carbine contract. I forget now, but they were less then $20. There must have been a boxcar load as they're STILL being sold, but not for $20 or whatever it was.

Springfield Sporters had NOS, unused carbine stocks and handguards for like $35. Too bad they were birch and not walnut but still cheap for a rifle handle. I also asked them to send me, "One of every small ring carbine part they had". What I got was enough to finish the thing up. One wonked up thing is that the rear sight is for a M94 Swede :D Oh well!

The barrel needs to have about 2" cut off of it to be correct. I didn't have the means at the time to mess with it. With military equivilent (44K) loads it's a bucker for sure. I wonder what they'll make of it 100 years from now?

................Buckshot

XBT
11-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Abomination? Cobbled up? Buckshot, I’ve looked closely at that picture and can’t see a damn thing wrong with it....

Except that I don’t own it myself, of course.

Buckshot
11-29-2005, 01:19 AM
Abomination? Cobbled up? Buckshot, I’ve looked closely at that picture and can’t see a damn thing wrong with it....

Except that I don’t own it myself, of course.

...........Well XBT, it's just that it's just not ............. uh, right I guess. Like having your underwear on backwards :D

...............Buckshot

XBT
11-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Good point. I prefer “as issued” myself, but I have rescued a few that weren’t too far gone to restore. They usually make good cast shooters and look fine, as long as you don’t look too close.