PDA

View Full Version : Parts help

beezapilot
06-22-2018, 09:52 AM
I've checked with Numrich, no luck.

Every time I clean out the safe I think I'd like to try to get this one to be a shooter.

The latch mechanism is gone.

Wondering would anyone have any leads? I've some pretty basic metal skills, and I'd not be opposed to trying to make them should anyone have photos / schematics / drawings.

waksupi
06-22-2018, 10:27 AM
Do a search for Jack First Gun Parts.

Bent Ramrod
06-22-2018, 11:59 AM
I’ve got the larger version (an early Off-Hand) and IME it would be as well for you to make the locking block from scratch. The woodcut Parts Drawings are in the copies of Stevens Catalogs, and Numrich often posts them in its Parts Lists. It’s easier to reverse engineer the shape of the block from the drawings than it is to fit the block in the barrel locking groove, but patience, spotting compound and Swiss files will get you there.

The originals were fit by hand and serial numbered to the guns. Buying a random, worn one from a parts supplier would likely result in a loose, rattly fit. Even with Standard Velocity cartridges, mine popped open on the first shot with the original locking block. A new one tightened things up, with no recurrence of the problem. I stick to Standard Velocity, of course.

I’d limit that little Diamond Model to CB Caps, Kolibris, and (maybe) CCI Quiets.

John Taylor
06-27-2018, 02:35 PM
I have made new latches in the past, not to hard with a lathe and a mill. I have several of the rifles in the works at this time and someplace there is a pistol like yours hidden in a drawer.

KCSO
06-27-2018, 03:23 PM
Last one I had in I had to make the parts, like John said no big deal.

JeepHammer
07-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Love those little pocket rockets!
Between those & Stevens Crack Shots & Favorites a substantial amount of my money/time went away.

I still squirrel hunt with them, people with the 'Tacti-Cool' riot guns out there think I'm nuts, the guys with the Marlin & Ruger .22s always want to look it over and have nothing but complements on the little restored antiques.

If you don't have time for restoring it, I'd be interested in it.
I only do up & up legal, but I will show it TLC if it's not in your future.