PDA

View Full Version : which Lee TLSWC does your Henry or Marlin like

cbourbeau32
06-17-2018, 02:17 PM
I'm trying to decide between a Henry or Marlin 41 mag or a Marlin 44 mag. I cast so I'm hoping that the one I choose likes one of the tumble lube SWC designs, preferably 210 gr in the 41 and 240 gr in the 44. Any replies are appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

FergusonTO35
06-18-2018, 03:06 PM
My Marlins are all micro groove and they do great with every Lee boolit I've tried. Is there a reason you need a tumble lube design? The conventional designs shoot great with a coatof LLA on them, 'specially the .30 caliber designs.

cbourbeau32
06-18-2018, 09:50 PM
My Marlins are all micro groove and they do great with every Lee boolit I've tried. Is there a reason you need a tumble lube design? The conventional designs shoot great with a coatof LLA on them, 'specially the .30 caliber designs.

Thanks for the reply, I just though that the non-tumble lube would have to be sized first. Have you not had to size yours? Also I think the current Marlin has Ballard rifling don't they?

Charlie

FergusonTO35
06-20-2018, 12:33 PM
Sizing is usually not entirely necessary on lever action cartridges, in fact many rifles actually shoot better unzized. I have shot bunches of unsized Lee slugs in .38, .357, .30-30, and .45-70 Marlins. In general, if the loaded round chambers with no difficulty you are good to go. I think Marlin has used Ballard rifling exclusively in the pistol caliber rifles for quite some time now.