PDA

View Full Version : Defective Dillon die?

TheDoctor
06-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Ordered a trim die. Swabbed the die out with alcohol, and put it in my toolhead. First piece of brass, and the 6th and 7th, and those in between, had a deep score at the base of the case. As in peeled brass off score. Looked at the die, and there is a nick at the mouth of the die. I can not think of ANYTHING that would do that. Like it got peened with something sharp and hard. Going to call in the morning, and see if anything can be done. Anyone else ever have an issue like this?

Tatume
06-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Dillon will fix it, and they won't make you wait long either. Last week I had a problem with the case feed cam on my XL650. Two days later I had a new one in hand.

jmorris
06-11-2018, 09:26 AM
They will replace it if it’s damaged. You do need to lube them though because that’s also a size die.

TheDoctor
06-11-2018, 11:24 AM
First time I have EVER had to call Dillon for something being wrong. Gave me a rma number, no questions asked, and said it didn't matter when I tried to ask if it could have been something I possibly did. Even gave me some advice on setting the trimmer when I get the new die in.

Tatume
06-11-2018, 01:44 PM
When they say no ** they mean it.

TheDoctor
06-18-2018, 05:28 PM
New die showed up today. This one is the quality I have came to expect from Dillon over the years. They received the defective die Friday, and the new one showed up in my mailbox this Monday morning. Doesn't get much faster than that!