PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation of the RCBS Easy Melt casting furnace with PID

texasmac
06-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Guys,

If you subscribe to The Single Shot Exchange Magazine you can ignore this post since the article was just published in the most recent June 2018 edition. Otherwise, if you’re interested in a detailed evaluation of the RCBS Easy Melt casting furnace, click on the following link: http://www.texas-mac.com/Evaluation_of_the_RCBS_Easy_Melt_Casting_Furnace_w ith_PID.html

Wayne

HangFireW8
06-11-2018, 12:43 AM
texasmac- Rendering problems on latest FF, pictures covering text.

Beagle333
06-11-2018, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the link. Nice article. I hadn't thought about the cooling period needed under power so the fan and PID doesn't melt. I'll have to plan for that (perhaps with a timer), since I do like to go cast early in the mornings while waiting on the Mrs to get ready to go somewhere. I can't just put down the mold and pull the plug and leave.

texasmac
06-11-2018, 09:04 AM

HandFireW8,

I'm guessing you're using Chrome as you browser. Try control/+ (crt +) or control/- (ctr -) to change the image & text size.

Wayne

Valley-Shooter
06-11-2018, 09:23 AM

HandFireW8,

I'm guessing you're using Chrome as you browser. Try control/+ (crt +) or control/- (ctr -) to change the image & text size.

Wayne

Same thing here. Not setup for those using an Android Tablet.

HangFireW8
06-15-2018, 03:56 PM
FF means Firefox.

If page sizing "fixes" the issue, you have a bad combination of fixed and variable sized elements, poor choices of anchor points, etc.

This is not 1996. Don't blame browsers or users. We are trying to help you here.

texasmac
06-15-2018, 04:41 PM
FF means Firefox.

If page sizing "fixes" the issue, you have a bad combination of fixed and variable sized elements, poor choices of anchor points, etc.

This is not 1996. Don't blame browsers or users. We are trying to help you here.

=====================

Thanks for the comments. I don't have the computer/software background to figure out the problem. It's interesting that the problem exists with Chrome but not with Firefox or iexplore. It may be the website builder (Aabaco) software, but I'd love to figure out the root cause.

Wayne

pressonregardless
06-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Looks good to me. Thanks for posting this review.

HangFireW8
06-16-2018, 01:45 PM
=====================

Thanks for the comments. I don't have the computer/software background to figure out the problem. It's interesting that the problem exists with Chrome but not with Firefox or iexplore. It may be the website builder (Aabaco) software, but I'd love to figure out the root cause.

WayneThe problem exists with Firefox.

dragon813gt
06-16-2018, 03:26 PM
I have no issues viewing it in Safari, Firefox and Opera in both mobile and desktop modes on my phone. That being said it’s a pain to read because it’s certainly set up for desktop browsing while pretty much everything is set up for mobile viewing these days. Regardless, thanks for the review.

EDG
06-22-2018, 01:59 AM
Wayne,
Thanks for the excellent article. Looks like I need to start planning for a new pot.

jsizemore
06-24-2018, 09:13 AM
The cooling fan or a well vented enclosure is a must for the long life a PID. I thought of using the alarm out put to power a fan but opted for a dead ONEAC power supply housing. Lots of ventilation slots and a heavy aluminum case to act as the SSR heat sink. Being located a foot from the lead pot also cuts down on the heat from the pot interfering with temperature readings. Instructions that came with my PID stated that adequate ventilation was necessary since the controller compared thermocouple readings to an internal standard to decide what it's next step would be. The guy at the scrapyard let me have the since I saved him the time of breaking down the internal components for salvage.