PDA

View Full Version : Charlie, Boaz, is getting out!

buckwheatpaul
06-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Spoke with Charlie about an hour ago and he said that he is getting out of the hospital in the a.m. tomorrow. Said he is feeling great with minimal pain and that he is walking and exceeding what is expected! Charlie sounds really great and is looking forward to going home....has his therapy set up and all is good....pray for recovery and protection as he goes home!

Father, I would like to thank You for what You have done for Charlie. Thank You for guiding his physicians through his surgery and his follow ups. Father, I am praying for a painless recovery and for safety as Charlie and his son travel home tomorrow. I give You all the praise for what You have done for Charlie and all of Your children as well. AMEN

Pine Baron
06-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Praise our good Lord Jesus.

Preacher Jim
06-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Amen he was fighting to make his 3 laps

GhostHawk
06-07-2018, 09:25 PM
Good news is good to hear.

Grmps
06-07-2018, 09:26 PM
couldn't happen to a nicer guy

lightman
06-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Thats good news!

Goatwhiskers
06-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Talked to him this afternoon, he's in great spirits, much more than I think I would be in the same circumstances, all due to God's grace and healing power. We had prayer together and I know he'll be ok on the trip, but I'm throwing in an extra prayer just in case. Still a long road ahead but he'll make it. The power of prayer is amazing. GW

daloper
06-08-2018, 05:45 AM
Father God. Thank you for this report on Charlie. Be with him and continue to provide healing. I give you all the Praise for what you have done and what you will do for him. In the name of your Son and our savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen

jcren
06-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Prayer sent

USMC87
06-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Praise the Lord.

DCP
06-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Everyone feels pretty good at the Hospital.
When you come home is when the real pain starts.

Don't slow down on the prayers

GoodOlBoy
06-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Great news!

God Bless, and One Love

GoodOlBoy

skeettx
06-08-2018, 09:33 AM
Yes God is Good
Praise His Name
Praying for Boaz

dverna
06-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Very good news!!!

Hickok
06-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Thank the good Lord!

I knew Charlie was tough as a pine knot! :D

Can't wait until he gets back on the board with us!:awesome:

The Governor
06-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Good for Charlie.

Boaz
06-08-2018, 11:09 AM
I'm back , been home for about an hour . I'm doing good now but was pretty messed up for two days from the annuitize gas , don't even remember who all called during that time . Was throwing up and not thinking 'right' . Took em twice as long on the table compared to a 'regular' replacement .

I am better and got started with the merciless therapy , lol . My Lord is with me ...I know that . I am optimistic and ready to get this finished . I sincerely thank all who offered prayer for me , I thank all who called me and comments here to encourage me . I can not thank you enough . The Chapel is a part of the living body of Christ .GOD uses miraculous way of bringing us together .

Again thank you for further proving the power of prayer and mercy of our father .

Your brother in Christ .

Charlie

jmort
06-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Thank God
Nice to hear a good report

Preacher Jim
06-08-2018, 11:18 AM
Welcome Home!
now the real work begins. Guys pray harder for his strength and Gods grace than during surgery.

retread
06-08-2018, 12:02 PM
Great news. Thank you Lord for your love of Charlie.

Hickok
06-08-2018, 01:26 PM
A rebel yell, "YeeeHaaa!":bigsmyl2:

buckwheatpaul
06-08-2018, 02:52 PM
A rebel yell, "YeeeHaaa!":bigsmyl2:

My thoughts exactly.....glad you are home Charlie.......Paul

P.S. Will be praying for comfort and pain relief brother!

Boaz
06-08-2018, 05:20 PM
I talked to everyone that cared for me in my room at the hospital . In conversation I asked if they were a believer and every single one said they were . A nice twenty something RN was pregnant , I talked to her a lot . Her baby is a boy and his name will be Simon . I asked if she would sent me a picture and she said she would . We talked about life and GOD quite a bit , she is a good person .

There was a Pilipino lady about sixty years old , she has two grown girls and is Roman Catholic . We talked a lot , lol , she asked me a lot about how Baptists worship and when it was time for me to go we held hands and prayed together . She gave me her phone number and said if I ever got back to Dallas she wanted me to meet her daughters and she would cook us a big Pilipino meal . I hope to cash in on that offer if possible .

There was a friendly girl about twenty still going to school at night to get her RN bachelors degree . She is struggling without much family or encouragement . She sat on my bed and we had a few long talks . I'm praying for her , she is trying .

Everywhere you go you find these people and it's up to us to spread the gospel and encourage . We live in a time when people are surprised when you even mention GOD . People are looking for confirmation and encouragement especially the youth .

slim1836
06-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Welcome home, it's going to get better everyday now that you're back.

Slim

DCP
06-08-2018, 05:44 PM
I talked to everyone that cared for me in my room at the hospital . In conversation I asked if they were a believer and every single one said they were . A nice twenty something RN was pregnant , I talked to her a lot . Her baby is a boy and his name will be Simon . I asked if she would sent me a picture and she said she would . We talked about life and GOD quite a bit , she is a good person .

There was a Pilipino lady about sixty years old , she has two grown girls and is Roman Catholic . We talked a lot , lol , she asked me a lot about how Baptists worship and when it was time for me to go we held hands and prayed together . She gave me her phone number and said if I ever got back to Dallas she wanted me to meet her daughters and she would cook us a big Pilipino meal . I hope to cash in on that offer if possible .

There was a friendly girl about twenty still going to school at night to get her RN bachelors degree . She is struggling without much family or encouragement . She sat on my bed and we had a few long talks . I'm praying for her , she is trying .

Everywhere you go you find these people and it's up to us to spread the gospel and encourage . We live in a time when people are surprised when you even mention GOD . People are looking for confirmation and encouragement especially the youth .

Just Wow!
Blessing

square butte
06-08-2018, 05:51 PM
Psalm 23:6 "Surely Goodness & Mercy" - You know the rest. God is Good

GhostHawk
06-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Hang in there Charlie!

Blackwater
06-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Great news! And Amen to Paul's prayer of thanks, too! Ol' Charlie's like me, I think: hard put at times, but tougher than we wish we were??? ;^) This life was NEVER meant to be a picnic. It's a testing and proving ground, to separate the wheat from the chaff. And sometimes, that can be painful and unpleasant. But it's VERY much worth it, in the end!

Wayne Smith
06-12-2018, 07:57 AM
Great to hear! One correction, never let yourself think of PT as 'finished'. You should insist that they teach you what you need to be doing for the rest of your life and how to do it safely. In the beginning PT should be healing - at the end it should be training.

Boaz
06-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Yesterday was my first day in PT . They wore my butt out ! I could barely walk out to the front when they were through . I went to bed at 7 , lol .

square butte
06-12-2018, 08:53 AM
I'm pretty sure you know what hard work is all about . . .

jonp
06-17-2018, 03:52 PM
Good. Prayers sent that way

jonp
06-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Yesterday was my first day in PT . They wore my butt out ! I could barely walk out to the front when they were through . I went to bed at 7 , lol .

Been there, done that. You can do it and we are all praying for you.