PDA

View Full Version : Old Holsters

richhodg66
05-31-2018, 07:40 AM
I have a bunch of old holsters, most of which are going to need TLC. They were stored (hoarded) in a Morton building and it was damp in there at some point, so a lot of them got mildewed, but I think someone spending some time with some saddle soap and mink oil could get some decent gun leather out of them. Quite a few different styles and some seem to have been pretty high quality in their day. I don't have the time to do it and could really use the space.

Occasionally someone on here who is older, disabled, etc., and has more time than money is looking for a project either to pass the time on or maybe even turn a buck or two on. I am looking to see if there is such a person and I'd like to send a box of these to them for them to do what they can with them. If they deem them too far gone to do anything with, then they can throw them away, but I think with some time and elbow grease a guy could save most of them and have some good holsters. Whoever it is wouldn't be out anything either way.

Wayne Smith
05-31-2018, 07:50 AM
Good opportunity for someone, but call me 'too many projects already!"

metricmonkeywrench
05-31-2018, 08:06 AM
Think I may have someone in mind, Any pix available?

toallmy
05-31-2018, 01:19 PM
Very kind of you + a nice save .

Mohavedog
05-31-2018, 01:31 PM
I would really like the opportunity to rehab these holsters if they're still available. I'm 78 and have nothing but time for however long I have left and I love bringing stuff back to usable life. PM me if I'm considered for this job. Thank You Very Much.