PDA

View Full Version : Winchester steel cases???

DCM
05-29-2018, 09:46 PM
I was sorting through some 9mm cases earlier and found 3 magnetic cases with Win head-stamps. I was quite surprised to see this as I have never seen any magnetic cases with a Win head-stamp in the last 30+ years.
Has anyone else seen cases like these? Are they maybe some kind of imitation knockoff?

Wally
05-29-2018, 11:16 PM
In a nod to recreational and competitive pistol shooters, Winchester introduced the USA Forged steel case 9mm round, which are manufactured in Winchester’s Oxford, Miss. facility. USA Forged is the first example of a steel-cased pistol round that is wholly made in the United States.

The round, currently offered only in 9mm, consists of a 115-gr. full metal jacket bullet. Each round is loaded to exacting Winchester standards and are said to feature great on-the-range performance with an average muzzle velocity of 1,190 fps. The rounds are loaded with non-corrosive boxer primers and use clean-burning powder to minimize fouling in high-volume range sessions.

The jacketed bullets are safe for use in ported, vented or suppressed pistols and range clean-up is a snap when shooters use a magnet on steel cases. Each steel shell case also includes a proprietary coating to improve reliability and corrosion resistance.usa-ammo-forged-winchester

DCM
05-30-2018, 04:42 AM
Thank you Wally. I was not aware that they made these.