PDA

View Full Version : Case Stockman ??

Johnch
05-28-2018, 06:26 PM
I have a older Case Stockman
Not sure how old as my Grandfather gave it to my a WHILE back and I forgot exactly when

It rides in my pants pocket all the time and all to often I wash it with the pants [smilie=1:

Well I am 99% sure it happened in the washer LOL

The Case Logo on the Bone Handle has come out and as best I can tell
Is lost [smilie=b:

Not a huge problem
But I would like to get another one to glue back in place

I was looking at a newer Case Stockman I have .... sort of the one I carry in my dress pants

That Case Logo is Oval
The Case Logo on the older one is almost round

Any Clue where I can get the Logo ?
Other than shipping it back to Case
As IMO this isn't a warranty problem
IMO it is more cosmetic and I would feel it was wrong to ask Case to replace the Logo , when there is nothing wrong with the knife

John

Madoktor1
05-28-2018, 07:04 PM
I would at least contact them. Tell them what happened and they may at least get a logo to you. It never hurts to ask and I’ve always known them to be a good company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nagantguy
05-28-2018, 07:36 PM
I’ve found them to be helpful as well and they may just send you one, they replaced the stacked leather handle on our family heirloom case xxx sheath knife!

Bazoo
05-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Case will put a new logo in it for your free of charge if you mail it back. It will cost bout 3 bucks to send it back.

Johnch
05-28-2018, 09:27 PM
Case will put a new logo in it for your free of charge if you mail it back. It will cost bout 3 bucks to send it back.

Oh Great
I ordered Ready to use Blades to make several fixed blade knives

LOL So sending another knife out should be easy

Thanks

John

salty dog
05-29-2018, 12:34 PM
If you would like to find out when it was made:

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/content/knife-manufacturer-specific-research/case-knife-reference-guide/case-knife-age-identification/

Bazoo
05-29-2018, 03:23 PM
Its a pretty common problem for case shields to come up missing. I had one that was missing the shield and returned it a few years back, although now... I cannot remember which knife it was.

dagger dog
05-31-2018, 04:38 PM
The Boker tree on my fathers congress was lost, I contacted their customer service and they an they asked if I knew the date it was purchased which was middle '60s. Three days later I had the (tree) in my hand.

Pappy carried that knife ever day of his life for 30 years and Boker is OK in my book.

Bazoo
05-31-2018, 05:23 PM
I had a tree brand for a while that was of about 60/70s vintage. It was given to me by a friend. It had been his moms, I passed it on to his son, also my friend, after a few years of whittling with it. It would take a keen edge.

Geezer in NH
06-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Tree brand Boker is a fine company. I had my daily carry knife bought in the hardware supply company I used in the early seventies. My beagle pup ate the walnut scales off it. I asked to get them replaced and to leave the blade on it as I had sharpened it so many times it was not now a drop knife but looked like a sheep's foot one.

Two weeks after shipping it back to Colorado they sent it back it was like new but had my old original blade. The letter said we fixed the scales and re-heat treated your blade then contoured the cutting edge. Please enjoy your knife. NO CHARGE

Petrol & Powder
06-03-2018, 06:52 PM
Tree brand Boker is a fine company. I had my daily carry knife bought in the hardware supply company I used in the early seventies. My beagle pup ate the walnut scales off it. I asked to get them replaced and to leave the blade on it as I had sharpened it so many times it was not now a drop knife but looked like a sheep's foot one.

Two weeks after shipping it back to Colorado they sent it back it was like new but had my old original blade. The letter said we fixed the scales and re-heat treated your blade then contoured the cutting edge. Please enjoy your knife. NO CHARGE

You can't ask for more than that. Outstanding service.