PDA

View Full Version : Just some weekend rambling

Goatwhiskers
05-27-2018, 08:40 PM
Got up this am with a strong desire to hear the gospel preached, been awfully neglectful of late. The evil one threw physical roadblocks in my way, mostly my decrepit old body, needless to say I couldn't overcome them in time. During the morning I made coffee, put a pic of Edith (my late wife) on the desk and settled in to listen to Alan Jackson's Precious Memories that we both loved. Everything was fine till the last song: Stroll Over Heaven. Kinda lost it for a bit.

"I want to stroll over Heaven with you some glad day,
When our heartaches, and troubles will be vanished away,
And we'll enjoy the beauty when all things are new,
And I'll stroll over Heaven with you."

And I know it'll happen. GW

Blackwater
05-27-2018, 09:13 PM
Amen, Goat! I look more forward to getting to Heaven with each passing year, but I'm not really finished here just yet. Or at least I don't think I am, and I hope the Lord sees it that way too.

My eldest grandson just graduated with honors from the highest rated school in the county, and we had a celebration at my son's river house for him and another of his classmates. That boy sure can SMILE! And he's under no impression that "it's over" for him. He's eagerly looking forward to taking on the world! I am SO proud of him, and the younger one is following along in his footsteps very well. What a wonderfully blessed man I am! God has been SO good to me! The world may never be quite "right" for any of us, but what WE do CAN be "right." It's so good to see the young ones coming up and turning out so balanced, determined and attentive! God bless America! She's going to need men like these very soon, now.

GhostHawk
05-27-2018, 09:21 PM
I felt the same way this morning when I woke. Was not interested in church. But I did listen to about an hour and a half of good country gospel. Mostly Oak Ridge Boys and Statler Brothers.

Put me in a good frame of mind for the day.

And yes I know I should find a church. Technically I'm still on the rolls of the church I was raised in. But it is a 45 minute drive. And it is dieing.

Boaz
05-27-2018, 09:28 PM
Goatwhiskers I know it's hard ...but easy for me to say and danged hard for you to do . There are many here that have lost children , wives or others . We all want to see them again and in my mind I know we will , none of them want us to suffer here . I think of you daily , I really enjoyed our last conversation and looking forward to the next . You have my number , I wasn't doing anything this morning .

I love you brother
Charlie

Bzcraig
05-28-2018, 12:26 AM
Indeed it will brother and a Glorious Day it will be!

USMC87
05-28-2018, 08:07 AM
Amen GW.

sparkyv
05-28-2018, 08:57 AM
It surely will happen GW. I do so look forward to it.

redhawk0
05-28-2018, 09:45 AM
For me, I have it easy. I live less than 1/2 mile from my church that I've attended since the mid 80's...became a deacon, resigned as deacon, met/married my wife in...raised our daughter in and now our grandson. But still, there are some Sunday I find it difficult to "get in to mood" for church. Don't get me wrong, I love the people of my church and am still very active (even though I'm no longer a deacon)...but I never miss a Sunday morning of Dr. David Jeremiah on the tube. I just love the way he teaches. Many times his words and inspiration have helped me to change my mood for the day and head to our local assembly to receive more from my pastor, and fellowship with the local brotheren.

redhawk

redhawk0
05-28-2018, 09:49 AM
GW...since you live so far away...have you ever considered that God might want you to save that dying church....maybe not the current location... but many a small church have been started with Bible Studies....a local church doesn't have to be a formal place...a living room where you fellowship with other believers is a great place to be a member of "the church".

redhawk