PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Salad?

fourarmed
05-24-2018, 09:40 PM
We started getting greens from the garden, so the other morning I decided to do a salad for breakfast. I diced up a few slices of bacon, and tossed them in the skillet. While they were rendering down, I diced up some green onions, celery, and peppers. When the bacon was crisp, I added the veggies. When they were done, I added about a fourth cup of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar. While this was coming to a boil, my wife tossed up a bowl of salad. I poured the bacon and veggie dressing over the salad, and we chowed down.

shaner
05-26-2018, 06:33 AM
Sounds great
We started getting greens from the garden, so the other morning I decided to do a salad for breakfast. I diced up a few slices of bacon, and tossed them in the skillet. While they were rendering down, I diced up some green onions, celery, and peppers. When the bacon was crisp, I added the veggies. When they were done, I added about a fourth cup of apple cider vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar. While this was coming to a boil, my wife tossed up a bowl of salad. I poured the bacon and veggie dressing over the salad, and we chowed down.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

MaryB
05-26-2018, 09:30 PM
All it needed was some hard boiled eggs diced in for a complete breakfast!

Heck I have V8 every morning and it is just liquid veggies!

Reverend Al
05-27-2018, 03:10 PM
I like breakfast salads too!

https://i.imgur.com/5fFms4w.jpg

deetee
05-27-2018, 04:21 PM

Reverend Al
05-27-2018, 07:30 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Grn9ff9.jpg

Moleman-
05-27-2018, 09:39 PM
And here I thought this was about hash browns.

Lloyd Smale
05-28-2018, 06:03 AM
throw in some sausage and melted cheese and you have the perfect breakfast salad. Oh and get rid of that green thing!
I like breakfast salads too!

https://i.imgur.com/5fFms4w.jpg

Lloyd Smale
05-28-2018, 07:00 AM
made me a breakfast salad this morning. Fried some sausage added some left over (fried potatoes and onion (veggys)) threw in some left over barbequed ribs, 10 scambled eggs and smothered it with cheddar cheese.

deetee
05-28-2018, 06:02 PM
And here I thought this was about hash browns.

Ya, you smoke the hash while the brekky browns...

Seriously though, the closest I get to "salad" is a few slices of fried tomato with my brekkies...

rl69
06-03-2018, 10:03 PM
I took and browned some homemade pan sausage diced up some matters and squash stir fried them with some eggs and a little cheese

bikerbeans
06-11-2018, 03:28 PM
made me a breakfast salad this morning. Fried some sausage added some left over (fried potatoes and onion (veggys)) threw in some left over barbequed ribs, 10 scambled eggs and smothered it with cheddar cheese.

Lloyd,

My doc took me off Lipitor and I have a full bottle I can send you.:kidding: I would have gladly helped you finish your breakfast.

BB

Mohawk Daddy
06-14-2018, 08:34 PM
My version of a "breakfast salad" is a three egg omelette that starts as follows: warm up some oil in a skillet, add two or three chopped green onions (just the upper half, the white end), a slab of red bell pepper chopped, some green pepper, whatever trips your trigger, anaheims, serranos, etc., a few slices of yellow squash off the neck end, diced, pour the whipped eggs onto the vegetable mix, sprinkle a gob of diced cilantro on top of the omelette, (you added salt and black pepper before pouring), flip the whole thing like a pizza with a wide spatula and serve with a bowl of cottage cheese with diced canned tomatoes on top on the side. If you're sporty, you can add a diced clove of garlic into the mix before you flip. Add some mild salsa on top of the omelette and you have a balanced diet. Your circulatory system will thank you.