PDA

View Full Version : Pacific DL 155 question

roysha
05-24-2018, 12:42 PM
How is the drop tube locked so it won't move? It is also the wad seater and I want to keep a certain wad pressure so I don't want it gradually shifting up. I put a magic marker line on it for a visual indicator if it should shift but it seems rather bizarre that it doesn't have a lock nut of some sort.

I found a schematic and there is no provision for a lock of any sort that I could find.

Any thoughts?

Gee_Wizz01
05-24-2018, 02:47 PM
How is the drop tube locked so it won't move? It is also the wad seater and I want to keep a certain wad pressure so I don't want it gradually shifting up. I put a magic marker line on it for a visual indicator if it should shift but it seems rather bizarre that it doesn't have a lock nut of some sort.

I found a schematic and there is no provision for a lock of any sort that I could find.

Any thoughts?The drop tube is threaded into the powder and shot drop casting. You just twist the drop tube to set the wad pressure, it has a fine thread so it is not likely to move. I have. never had the setting inadvertently change on mine in over 45 years of use. I love my DL-155 APF the press is bullet proof and it resizes every shell.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

roysha
05-24-2018, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the response. I suspected as much since the magic marker line never moved but I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Indeed the DL-155 APF is a fine machine. I MUCH prefer it to any MEC I have ever used, especially the crimp die.

Heck, I prefer the lowly DL-105 to any MEC as far as that goes. I like them so much I set one up for 28 gauge. Made my own sizer die ring, decapping pin, shell plate, drop tube and adapted a crimp die from a 366. Works great.

Ole Joe Clarke
05-25-2018, 08:38 AM
I have a Pacific DL 266 that I bought new many years ago, with 12 and 20 gauge dies. Works like a charm, you just have to be alert like you do when loading pistol or rifle shells.

Have a blessed day,

Leon