PDA

View Full Version : Single Stage Shotshell Reloading & Memories

oldhenry
05-18-2018, 02:04 PM
I recently updated my reloading bench & in the course of reorganizing everything ran across a single stage shotshell reloading set that some of the old timers on the forum will remember.
I need to clean them up a bit to preserve them for the next generation.

In 1960 I bought my 1st. press: a Lyman "Comet" & a few months later added this 20ga. shotshell set. This apparatus required that everything had to be done on batches. It was slow, but money was tight & it produced shootable 20ga. shells. A close friend had the same setup for his Lyman AA.

The 1st photo shows everything exactly as was packed many years ago & has some items that were not a part of the original set. Some were added from Herters (remember them?....that's another story) & some may have been from Texan.

The next photo is of the Lyman set.

My job required much travel & I'd leave early & return late. Starting @ age 8 my oldest son would load he & I enough dove loads during the week after school to shoot for a week end dove shoot. He actually did a better job than I.

Occasionally my wife & I will get a chuckle when we remember Hank spilling a mess (a southern expression) of #7 1/2s on the living room floor.

Henry

LUBEDUDE
05-19-2018, 12:27 AM
Looks like you found some nice buried treasure and good memories as well.

Enjoy