PDA

View Full Version : 🐎 back in the saddle again ♫♪ with PC

Walter Laich
05-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Finally got around to PC again since the Blizzard of '18 has long gone. During the cold months (yes, even Houston got cold-ish) my PC wasn't sticking like it had before.

Loaded up all my .45 Colt clone bullets and it was time to restock

I do the "swirling tub with ASBB, sift BBs out in a colander and spread the bullets on a metal tray" method.

Got started at 9 a.m. when the temperature was warming up and the dew was evaporating = 75° and 75% humidity.

bullets were warmed in sunlight while I PC them which is part of my usual method

Smoke's power

fantastic results.

was able to cook 11 lbs of bullets in 45 minutes (two 8x8" trays per session, two sessions to get all done)

glad to find the solution was not due to me (which my wife says it usually is

Boolit_Head
05-17-2018, 04:00 PM
Just did the same thing in Houston too... :)

Found that the oven makes a big difference. I switched from a 4 slice toaster oven to a 6 slice oven that had forced convection. The smaller ones say they have convection but it is a natural convection not a fan and that makes a big difference in the way the powder coat flows out. Didn't see much difference when I was doing pistol bullets but ran into a issue with longer rifle bullets that fit deeply into the throat. A clump of coating could sometimes make them not want to chamber.

Walter Laich
05-18-2018, 11:13 AM
mine are almost all pistol as that's the 'game' in SASS shooting.

will say the 45-70 bullets do OK, too

Smoke4320
05-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Good to have you back my friend
but you know.... pics or it didn't happen :)