PDA

View Full Version : Orange Poppyseed Scones ...

Reverend Al
05-12-2018, 03:54 PM
A friend of mine from the gun club is dropping over this afternoon to pick up some K frame speedloaders and pouches from me, so I had to make something to go along with the coffee. I used my Lemon Poppyseed Scone recipe and substituted orange zest and orange juice since I didn't have any lemons on hand today. I'm sure that he won't complain about the substitution ...

I just cut mine into wedges rather than making a circle and cutting out "pie slices".

https://i.imgur.com/fF23SwP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IuLom0v.jpg

Lemon Poppyseed Scones

3 C flour
1/2 C sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C butter or margarine
1 C milk (I used a mixture of Coffee Cream and 2% rather than straight 2%)
Zest of two lemons
Juice of two lemon
1 1/2 tbs poppy seeds

Combine the dry ingredients including the zest and the poppyseeds. Cut in the butter or margarine with a pastry blender, but don't mix too much. Add the milk and lemon juice to the dry ingredients. Combine until the batter is wet and all dry ingredients are fully incorporated. (Add a little more milk a bit at a time if needed to get a workable dough.) Place on a lightly floured surface and knead about 8-10 times. Create a circle with the dough, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and about 8 to 10 inches in diameter. Create 8 pie pieces out of the dough. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Tatume
05-12-2018, 04:37 PM
Those sure do look good!

Reverend Al
05-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Make a batch! I gave you the recipe ...

:bigsmyl2:

Shiloh
05-12-2018, 07:29 PM
Nice.
Fresh hot coffee to go with??

Shiloh

tim338
05-13-2018, 08:48 AM
Looks good. I love scones..

Reverend Al
05-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Of course ... coffee is a staple in my house!

:-)

Nice.
Fresh hot coffee to go with??

Shiloh

DougGuy
05-13-2018, 04:08 PM
I would not be surprised if a drug test picked up the presence of opiates, won't be the first time eating poppy seeds in crackers, breads, etc, pulled up a positive!

Wayne Smith
05-21-2018, 07:39 AM
Yeah, I have to leave the poppy seeds out anyway, Doug. Dx diverticulosis, and don't want diverticulitis again!