PDA

View Full Version : M-A Systems Collator for the Star Sizer

pkchwy
05-09-2018, 06:34 PM
I am looking at making a heap of button nose wadcutter and i am trying to find out how they would work with a Magma Star Lube-sizer and a M-A Systems Collator for the Star Sizer feed systerm

Tatume
05-09-2018, 07:12 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Sorry to be of little help, but I'd be leery of spending that much money without knowing more myself. There's a bunch of videos on YouTube, e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2SoFeNrRU

Hope it helps.

pkchwy
05-10-2018, 12:39 AM
All the Videos on you tube dont show any with button nose wadcutter they show them with projectiles that look closer to roud nose projectiles,

ReloaderFred
05-10-2018, 01:15 AM
I have an M-A Systems Collator, and they're temperamental in my experience, and I doubt you'd get it to orient the button nose wadcutter with any regularity. Mine is an older one, but I sent it back to M-A to be refurbished, along with samples of my bullets, and it didn't work any better when I got it back than before I sent it in. Mine is hooked up to a Lube Master machine, and it has a hard time keeping up with the machine......

There's really no need to spend that kind of money for a collator for the Star machine, unless someone gave you one for free.

Hope this helps.

Fred

hunter74
05-10-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm with Fred here! Button nose wcs would not work. It's hard to get it to collate bullets that is that similar in both ends. It's difficult enough with some SWC types. That's why the only WCs I have are double end wadcutters. That way it don't matter wich way they fall.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

pkchwy
05-10-2018, 06:56 PM
thanks you heaps