PDA

View Full Version : BLL: Lundmark Formula With LLA Instead Of Xlox

Landy88
05-05-2018, 06:55 PM
I've the Lundmark wax and the MS, but LLA instead of Xlox.

Am I correct in thinking that a slight increase in the proportion of LLA and corresponding decrease in MS to balance the total solvent proportion will still get me to BLL?

Also, I'm wondering if Lundmark and LLA alone mightn't make an improved Ranchdog style dip lube. Do any of the more experienced among you care to wonder aloud on this idea?

Yodogsandman
05-06-2018, 08:52 PM
LLA and Xlox are almost the same and are interchangeable. Stick to Bens instructions without deviation and you'll be fine.

Last that I'd read, Ranch Dog was experimenting with Bens Liquid Lube (BLL) and liked his early results.

Landy88
05-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Thanks, exactly the info that I needed.

Rcmaveric
05-07-2018, 01:27 AM
Feel blessed you have Lund Mark in your area. We don't have it down here. I tried experiementing with different floor polishes. Oddly it creates an emulsion and congealed into particulate suspension. Its gonna cost me like 20 bucks to have some LundMark shipped to the local Ace. Yeah... once you created that weird emulsion. Don't have the bright idea to heat it and thinking it will cook off the water that created the emulsion and liquefy the solids. Made it 10times worse and stunk up the house. Meh, sometimes you just got to fail. If i am gonna fail, i am gonna fail good and make the wife mad. Her getting mad just seams to ease the burn of failure.

Ben
05-07-2018, 01:13 PM
LLA and Xlox are almost the same and are interchangeable. Stick to Bens instructions without deviation and you'll be fine.

Last that I'd read, Ranch Dog was experimenting with Bens Liquid Lube (BLL) and liked his early results.

Yes, R/D and I communicated back and forth.
He said he had favorable results with BLL.

Ben

webfoot10
05-08-2018, 12:22 AM
Feel blessed you have Lund Mark in your area. We don't have it down here. I tried experiementing with different floor polishes. Oddly it creates an emulsion and congealed into particulate suspension. Its gonna cost me like 20 bucks to have some LundMark shipped to the local Ace. Yeah... once you created that weird emulsion. Don't have the bright idea to heat it and thinking it will cook off the water that created the emulsion and liquefy the solids. Made it 10times worse and stunk up the house. Meh, sometimes you just got to fail. If i am gonna fail, i am gonna fail good and make the wife mad. Her getting mad just seams to ease the burn of failure.

$20.00 seems awful high for a product that should be in stock at any ACE hardware. The ACE
hardware here ordered Lundmark liquid wax in special order as they were out. Only charged
me $9.00 plus tax. I'd try another hardware store. I would sent you a quart but can't send
liquids through the mail.
webfoot10

Rcmaveric
05-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Lundmark is not carried here. I searched high and low. I want to say it was 16 bucks without shipping off amazon or about that for a ship to store for Ace from online. I havent given up in searching. I made some 45/45/10 to play with until i source out the Lundmark. Homedepot, Ace, and Lowes dont carry lundmark. Though they all have an entire aisle dedicated to floor polish. Something has to work.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Omega
05-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Lundmark is not carried here. I searched high and low. I want to say it was 16 bucks without shipping off amazon or about that for a ship to store for Ace from online. I havent given up in searching. I made some 45/45/10 to play with until i source out the Lundmark. Homedepot, Ace, and Lowes dont carry lundmark. Though they all have an entire aisle dedicated to floor polish. Something has to work.

Sent from my SM-G925T using TapatalkIs this the one you guys are talking about?
https://www.amazon.com/Lundmark-Wax-Super-Gloss-32-Ounce/dp/B000BYE9TI

Ben
05-08-2018, 04:26 PM
That is not what I've used.
This is what I've used.
I know this works.

Ben

https://i.imgur.com/B5qAw9r.jpg

Omega
05-08-2018, 04:37 PM
That is not what I've used.
This is what I've used.
I know this works.

Ben

https://i.imgur.com/B5qAw9r.jpgThanks Ben, just wanted to make sure I marked the correct one for when I run out of Johnson wax.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BYCTWW/?coliid=I31MDI6EONTCW8&colid=2UINIP2605CN6&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I can't afford another bottle of Johnson:
https://www.amazon.com/JOHNSON-00125-Johnson-Wood-22-Ounce/dp/B000F5K3U2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1525811698&sr=8-1&keywords=johnsons+liquid+floor+wax

Rcmaveric
05-08-2018, 05:51 PM
Whats funny is that someone actually left a product review on the LundMark from Amazon saying its good for bullet lube and gave the recipe. 🤣🤣

2011redrider
05-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Whats funny is that someone actually left a product review on the LundMark from Amazon saying its good for bullet lube and gave the recipe. ����

Ace hardware shows it's 11.99 and free pickup at several stores in Jacksonville. I ordered mine locally for the same price.

Cosmic_Charlie
05-09-2018, 03:06 PM
I recently shot some 160 gr. GC boolits out of my Ruger American .308 @ 1920 fps using 2 coats of BLL and not a hint of leading. The stuff works great as long as your boolits are sized a thousandth or 2 over groove diameter. Same with my 30-30 and revolvers. And applying it is easy as fishing. Got no reason to look at other lubes.