PDA

View Full Version : Refurbishing a Magma Mk5

cal44walker
05-05-2018, 02:54 PM
I picked up a 1986 Magma Mk5 casting machine thats been sitting still for almost 2 decades. I've cast a few 1000 bullets on it but there are a few issues.

The pour and mould knocker solonoids are past thier best and will need replacing at some point not to far away. The sprue tapper is also missing. I contacted Magma to see if replacements were available. Discontinued. My mechanical skills are good but my knowledge of electronics and solonoids is basically non existant. Anyone know where I might be able to source equivilant replacement solonoids to keep this thing running a while longer?

Matt

hunter74
05-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Rebuild it to pneumatic pour and sprue/mould knockers. That way you could get all the parts from Magma. I'm sure they are helpful. They have always been to me. They have a great customer support.

If you want I can snap some pics of my machine. It's also a mark5 with the new upgrades.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

blackriver
05-05-2018, 05:55 PM
I have rebuilt a couple of older Bullet Master machines. You should be able to find a lot of replacement parts thru Grainger.

cal44walker
05-06-2018, 03:08 AM
You would'nt happen to remember the product number for the solonoids needed for the Mark 5 Caster?

DBrown
05-16-2018, 02:42 PM
Do the pneumatic ones work better?