PDA

View Full Version : New mould Guide on the famous . . . 'Drip-O-Matic' . . .

OS OK
05-04-2018, 07:36 PM
I just saw a video this past week on fixing the mould guide on the Lee 20 pound pot. I can't for the life of me remember where or find the link or I'd post it here and give them proper recognition for their engineering efforts.
They put a rod with a collar stop on their pot too, only they were a bit perplexed when the 'Drip-O-Matic would drip on the rod and the lead would get in the way of the bottom of the mould...all I did was to bend a larger rod so that it wouldn't be under the spigot on the pot.
Anyway, after 'mulling' on their design, I came up with this...

https://i.imgur.com/dKhx0xa.jpg?1

I'm running the collar stop on the right side of the mould so that it won't interfere with the pins on a Hollow Point Mould...

MyFlatline
05-04-2018, 07:58 PM
I just added a piece of wood..Guess I am to cheap..:)

Mal Paso
05-06-2018, 09:39 AM
I prefer your style of guide as you can angle the mold and correct for changes in the stream of lead. Nice!

Minerat
05-06-2018, 11:03 AM
How does it work with NOE type HP moulds? I can see it being OK with Mehi type but the NOE moulds have the pins on the bottom of the mould. I now need to figure a way to adapt it to a Lyman pot.

OS OK
05-06-2018, 02:04 PM
How does it work with NOE type HP moulds? I can see it being OK with Mehi type but the NOE moulds have the pins on the bottom of the mould. I now need to figure a way to adapt it to a Lyman pot.

"Oooops"...I didn't think of that little detail, prolly cause I don't have one...could be a problem huh? I guess I could grind them off and out of the way? :roll:

Minerat
05-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Lol, well that would be one way.

Mal Paso
05-06-2018, 08:24 PM
"Oooops"...I didn't think of that little detail, prolly cause I don't have one...could be a problem huh? I guess I could grind them off and out of the way? :roll:

Don't worry bout a problem you don't have. LOL I run my Pro Melt 2 with one stop on one side ahead of the nozzle so I have side adjustment on the fly. I also like the ability to tilt the mold. The tray type mold supports are popular but never appealed to me.

With a lathe you could turn a couple of stepped collars to clear pins but that's a problem you don't have.

Intel6
05-10-2018, 11:06 AM
I am just waiting on NOE to finalize their mould guide for the Lee pot. It has groves for the RG style HP moulds they make. Since I use lots of NOE moulds, I figure it is what I need. Accoring to the guy that tested in it the video, the design is finalized and they will be for sale soon.

https://youtu.be/9XaXgwTvKk4