PDA

View Full Version : Martini Cadet Stock Question

Jud
09-11-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a Martini Cadet action with a heavy barrel in 218 bee, and a sweet weaver k10 scope to mount on it when complete. I need to make a stock for it. I have the walnut, but was wondering if anyone has a set of plans for building a stock for this rifle. I was looking at ordering a stock for $140 but I was given the walnut. Any ideas?

Boz330
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Some places will use your wood and duplicate what you want. I don't think you get a big break on price though.

Bob

Bigjohn
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
I have a heavy barreled .22rf on the cadet action; The stock is a pistol grip design.

You have to watch were the stock bolt goes when laying out the profile.

PM me if you want photo's and I may be able to trace it.

John.

calaloo
09-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Jud:

Boreing the hole for the through bolt is a very tricky operation. It is best done using a lathe and a special drill bit. Some of the companies that machine wood for stocks will drill the hole for you. CPA ( singleshotrifles.com ) is one. Treebone is another. I believe they charge about $40.00 but believe me it is money well spent.. I have a number of Martinis and will be happy to photograph or trace them or any thing else you may need. I may even have an old stock or two lying around. Let me know if I can help.

Bill

Parson
09-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Never did it to either of mine but Dehaas said a Winchester Model 12 stock is an almost exact fit, needs only miner fitting

Jud
09-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for all the information guys! Think I will order the stock and finish it. Seems a lot easier and time saving. And that will let me get to my other builds. I have quite a few gun projects that I have to get.