PDA

View Full Version : UN at work

jh45gun
03-31-2005, 09:31 AM
Got this off of the Swiss board I deleted the bottom part as that had to do with the swiss board.

The Swiss Bundesrat has decided not to export any surplus military guns and ammunition anymore.

The remaining lots in the arsenals will be scrapped during the next few months.
The sudden decision was taken because of pressure of the UN and the EU that both condemn the world wide spreading of superfluous military materials.

To avoid huge amounts of last moment exports the new measures come into force by tomorrow noon.

Exceptions will be made for military historical collections and museums, special application forms are issued to those on demand.

It is not sure what are considered "military historical collections" yet but best is to act fast in this as the Swiss do expect high amounts of exception requests from all over the world and delays in processing are to be expected.

If you want to have guns imported for you from Switzerland in the near future you need to fill in this application form to be approved as an owner of a military historical collection.

NVcurmudgeon
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
It is very sad to see that the country most committed to the idea of armed citizens has caved in to the UN. Don't the Swiss remember WWII? curmudgeon

StarMetal
03-31-2005, 04:08 PM
Bill,

I'm still trying to figure out how the Swiss managed to stay out of WWII. Something very fishy about it indeed.

Joe

jh45gun
03-31-2005, 04:30 PM
No one wanted to attack a country full of mountains and every man armed from 18 to 60 that knew how to shoot and armed with a rifle that could shoot. Also knowing every male had the arms and ammo at home so they could be called up in a instant. That simple. One reason it is nice the US is still armed by private citizens not that the dang gun grabbers are not trying. :x

PDshooter
04-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Remember afew years ago when "Slick Willy" was crunching-up M1 at tax payer $$$$ Thank GOD that program got stopped.

trooperdan
04-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Turns out Guisan (I think he is Swiss, at least he is in Europe) was making the funny ha-ha! Now he has started an Internet Truth that will never, ever die! It will (and has!!) been quoted, copied and posted all over the darned 'net and the retraction will never get caught up.

jh45gun
04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Yea I posted that it was a april fools joke in a other post but your right when some of these get started its hard to stop. jim

Ballistics in Scotland
04-13-2005, 03:24 PM
It would be a bit silly to attack Norway or Afghanistan, then. I'm sure there would have been a lot of resistance, but that is a thing the Nazis tended to get wrong, and try to retrieve by shooting a hundred hostages for one.

The main reasons for not attacking Switzerland were threefold:

Its enormous financial assets were mostly in the form of numbers written on paper, to show that deposits held were lent out in other countries that would probably refuse to pay them back to a German puppet.

Some of those deposits were probably leading Nazis' emergency retirement funds, semi-official overseas dirty-work funds, etc. etc.

Switzerland was so transparently innocent of the use of force against others, that they couldn't invent anything as plausible as the Polish attack on Nazi Germany, even.

StarMetal
04-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I have to agree with BIS in why Hitler didn't attack the Swiss. Hitler was a mad man, it made no difference to him what a country had as far as trained men or what the terrain was. I'll suppose you'll tell me that they didn't know Russia had very severe winters.....alot of German troops went into winter time Russia with summer clothing. I have a German friend in Frankfurt, Germany, and his Dad was in WWII for the Germans. He was a mechanic and said that the Russians deigned all their equipment for winter used especially their vehicles. He said it was all the Germans could so to keep their stuff running in that severe climate.

No, there was a money thing that kept Germany out of Switzerland.

Joe

KCSO
04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Whoa Hoss

Look at the date of the post. This was an April Fools joke.