PDA

View Full Version : I went 'pawnshopping' looking for a scope,,,,,,,,,,

kens
04-27-2018, 09:38 PM
I been looking at all the online auction sites lately, looking for a Unertl, vintage Lyman or similar scope. I went for a cruise around all the pawn shops in my area before I committed to anything online. There is 1 pawn shop in particular that I got rifle and other items from. I went to them first.
First thing I saw was the Madame of the place marking down price tags on a row of pistols. There was a Rock Island 1911 all shot to death for cheap. 2 Para Ordinance 1911' one of them was marked $300 and had Hogue grips on the 1911 Expert model. A short row of plastic wonder 9's marked down too.
BUT, I came here looking for a scope in a pawn shop.
I kept looking at the 3 1911's under $400. He let me fondle the Para with the Hogue grips. I field stripped it and the barrel & hood looked like still sharp edges. The slide rails were still in their parkerized finish. Funny though the hammer showed polished wear on its face, polish only not fretted or worn down.
Darnit, I went looking for a scope and a 1911 followed me home.
I hate that, now I aint got scope money.!!!

scattershot
04-27-2018, 10:27 PM
Well, look at it this way. You don’t need a scope on a 1911. Good find!

Tatume
04-28-2018, 08:25 AM
Sounds like you went home happy. What else matters?

lar45
04-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Sounds like an excellent find.
I went to a gunshop one day looking for a stock for an old Mauser and a Win M70 XTR Magnum in 300Win Mag followed me home instead. :)