PDA

View Full Version : My new puppy

Gunslinger1911
04-23-2018, 09:24 PM
My daughters male American Bulldog (10 months - 85 lbs) got frisky with my sons female Husky / Pitt mix (4 yrs - 75 lbs).

Meet Bear (2 weeks - 2 lbs)

nagantguy
04-23-2018, 10:44 PM
What a fine looking pup; no better life experience than raising a dog to maturity and best friend status! Congratulations

Beerd
04-23-2018, 11:00 PM
Looks like fun!

Lloyd Smale
04-24-2018, 06:44 AM
what a sweetheart!

buckwheatpaul
04-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Got to love them pups! Congrats....we got a new Lab about 6 weeks ago....forgot how challenging they are.....but they are work all the work....

Gunslinger1911
04-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Yea, he's pretty cool. With the size of the parents- I think he's gonna be a monster. Early training is going to be key.
Haven't had a dog in decades, this should be fun !

Snow ninja
04-24-2018, 09:16 AM
Good looking pupper there. Be interesting to see how he grows. Probably going to be a big ol pile of muscle. I think Bear is going to be a fitting name for sure.

robg
04-24-2018, 02:04 PM
Cross breeds are the best,good looking pup.

MaryB
04-24-2018, 09:26 PM
So cute when they are small!

Gunslinger1911
04-24-2018, 09:33 PM
MaryB, you are so right. Mom and dad are pretty cute as big ole monsters can be (have to post pics). 85 lb father identifies as a lap dog.

dverna
04-24-2018, 10:25 PM
There are no bad puppies.

Bareen
04-24-2018, 11:24 PM
MaryB, you are so right. Mom and dad are pretty cute as big ole monsters can be (have to post pics). 85 lb father identifies as a lap dog.

I have rarely met a dog that does not identify as a lap dog. My terrier and lab/heeler mix both do for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogerDat
04-25-2018, 01:07 AM
Gotta love the puppies. Just went through pottie training a puppy, and having to paint hot sauce on any wood furniture I didn't want chewed. Same breed as our old dog but different personality. Each dog is a one of a kind individual that we are lucky enough to share life and friendship with.

RGrosz
04-25-2018, 03:13 PM
I have rarely met a dog that does not identify as a lap dog. My terrier and lab/heeler mix both do for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wikie's nephew has a Great Dane who still thinks he's a lap dog. He's taken a shine to me while camping and always seeks me out, and I'm his fav lap.
Rob

MaryB
04-25-2018, 10:19 PM

My 110 pound lab thought she was a lap dog...

MaryB
04-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Gotta love the puppies. Just went through pottie training a puppy, and having to paint hot sauce on any wood furniture I didn't want chewed. Same breed as our old dog but different personality. Each dog is a one of a kind individual that we are lucky enough to share life and friendship with.

I would mist with water and dust with red pepper, easier to clean off when they stop eating everything in the house!

Southern Son
04-26-2018, 04:25 AM

After I left home I got a Doberman. I went back home to visit mum and dad when he was a couple of years old. My mum saw him chewing on the corner of a mat. Thinking that she could stop him chewing the mat with something hot, she poured a pile of curry powder on the corner he had been chewing. Half an hour later she caught him sucking the curry powder off the corner of the mat. Some dogs seem to like it spicy.

Ballistics in Scotland
04-26-2018, 05:07 AM

Lanty Hanlon the Irish terrier is only 40 pounds, but under normal circumstances very boisterous, and well aware that energy is proportional to the square of velocity. But he defies the laws of physics by levitating onto my lap, as lightly as a cat could do. I tolerate it as a compromise, to stop him clawing at the arm of the armchair which was the first piece of furniture I ever bought. I've known myself fall asleep in that chair and wake up to find him lying there blissfully asleep himself, with my upper arm (always the left for some reason) lightly clenched in his jaws.

Lloyd Smale
04-27-2018, 05:43 AM
every lab ive had has been a lap dog. Heck thinking back i don't recall any of my dogs that weren't lap dogs.

RED BEAR
04-27-2018, 10:18 PM
well aint he just a little rascal. there is no better friend than a puppy. they will love you unconditionally and are loyal to a fault. having them around is one of the better things in life.