PDA

View Full Version : A case feeder for a Dillon Square Deal B

Harry Tobin
04-22-2018, 07:30 PM
A case feeder for a Dillon Square Deal B would be a dream to me and thought about it for a long time, even if it could be done. The only one I ever saw was our own jmorrismetal and he amazes me at the stuff he does. But I wanted one that would hook up to a case feeder and still have the drop bin, so I took on me to come up with something to work for my setup. And a lot would say just get a press setup for a case feeder, well at my age in time I don’t have a $1000 for a new press with a case feeder. So I made what I have work. I had no map to follow and came out good, just wanted to share what I did. My welding isn’t great but I can get it to stick together it’s the idea that I wanted to share. I put in a build link at the end that took way more time than the video its self. Hope this helps someone on a build of their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSYnpECyNg

AZ Pete
04-22-2018, 07:33 PM
A case feeder for a Dillon Square Deal B would be a dream to me and thought about it for a long time, even if it could be done. The only one I ever saw was our own jmorrismetal and he amazes me at the stuff he does. But I wanted one that would hook up to a case feeder and still have the drop bin, so I took on me to come up with something to work for my setup. And a lot would say just get a press setup for a case feeder, well at my age in time I don’t have a $1000 for a new press with a case feeder. So I made what I have work. I had no map to follow and came out good, just wanted to share what I did. My welding isn’t great but I can get it to stick together it’s the idea that I wanted to share. I put in a build link at the end that took way more time than the video its self. Hope this helps someone on a build of their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjSYnpECyNg

nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jmorris
04-23-2018, 07:33 AM
Looks like a winner!

If someone gets inspired by one of my projects, I feel the time wasn’t wasted.

tranders
04-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Looks like it works good.

Nice job!

LUBEDUDE
04-23-2018, 11:56 AM
Nice set up. Good video as well.

Walter Laich
04-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Not having the welding skills needed I can only appreciate this from afar.

well done

HotRod61
04-30-2018, 05:38 PM
Wow

Great job. How many hours start to finish? Also was there any learning curb.

Blue prints?

kmw1954
04-30-2018, 07:44 PM
Necessity is the Mother so they say. Nice job.

dikman
05-02-2018, 01:35 AM
Well done! It works, that's all that matters.:drinks:

Dragonheart
05-02-2018, 07:08 AM
You definitely deserve an "Attaboy", nice to see those thinking outside the box. I am curious as to your case loading tube? Is it manual or motor driven?

pjames32
05-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Nice design. Maybe you should build a few!

Harry Tobin
05-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Glad for the feedback, now driving myself crazy on a Case Collator for this. A far as time spent on the main case feed unit 3 weeks plus and endless nights thinking about it. Now for the collator the same process, I want this to be 100% without dropping a case the wrong way down. I will post this when it is done, but this isn’t easy because of the press design. It’s only a 4 stage press and ones with case feeders are 5, so I’m forcing it to do what I want and the set-up is very tedious task and that’s why there is no market or plans for this, I can only show what I have done with hope other with perseverance will try. Maybe a week or two before the whole system is done but I will show it when done, hey I’m a stubborn old man and this will be done.

Brick85
10-24-2020, 07:02 PM
That's real cool. So two questions, 1 is do you think it's possible to do with wood or plastic for someone who has no welding skills, and 2, how much faster do you guess this makes the press?

onelight
10-24-2020, 10:53 PM
That is really nice ! Great job.

DMatteson
10-27-2020, 07:11 AM
I wanted a case feeder for mine as well, and would be nice to have a projectile feeder on it also. I really like it going to add that to my novel of things to make, was just a list but just keeps growing, thanks for sharing