PDA

View Full Version : Need value of pistol scope please!!!!

Jeffery8mm
09-10-2008, 01:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 long eye relief pistol scopes and need to know what they are worth please.

One is a Leupold M8-4X Extended E.R. Duplex. The box reads that it is a Golden Ring Scope and is made in USA. There is a number on the box that may be the stok number, it is 31644. If the scope has ever been mounted, you cant tell it. Appears brand new.

The second scope is a Simmons 4x32 model#1084. The box states Water, Shock, and Fog proof. The scope is made in Japan. This one also appears unmounted.

I have no real need for these as I dont have a handgun that I care to have a scope mounted on. I may wish to scope my 44 mag Viginian Dragoon, but understand that it is hard to find mounts for this revolver.

Anyhow, any info on what they may be worth if I decide to part with them is well appreciated!!!!

Thanks
Jeff

anachronism
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Try checking out the auction sites for this type of information. Look for identical scopes for sale that actually have bids on them, and read the descriptions to make certain they match the condition of your scopes. I checked Gunbroker & found similar Leupolds that will probably sell in the $175.00 range, and the Simmons may pull about $75.00 tops. This assumes that both are new in the box. Used Leupolds are starting in the $50.00 range & the Simmons should probably start around $35.00 used and may bring $50.00 if minty.

bisleyfan41
09-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Used Leupolds are starting in the $50.00 range

If you EVER see ANY Leupold for sale for $50, let me know. I've never seen any Leupold that cheap; even ones with ring marks go for more.

To answer part of the above question, The 4x Leupold retails for $300 new any color, just about everywhere. Used ones in good shape run $150ish plus or minus. If the one you're referring to looks unmounted and the glass is good, $150 is a good deal.

jameslovesjammie
09-12-2008, 07:30 PM
bisleyfan41,

Notice that he said "starting at $50". That means that it is the starting bid. Like anachromism said, they will probably end up in the $175 area.

shotman
09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
i will 2nd the 150 to 175 on the Leupold the simmons is what you can get 35 to 45 i would not want a simmons on anything bigger than a 38 spl shotman