PDA

View Full Version : TapaTalk ads

oldred
04-20-2018, 09:42 AM
Please folks how about turning of those "sent by my ****** using TapaTalk" ads?

Does anyone else find these annoying?

This is not about folks posting styles and I am not complaining about anyone's posts but rather the annoying way a company has found to use forum members to post spam for them!

RED BEAR
04-20-2018, 11:09 AM
I know i am behind the times but don't know what a tap talk ad is?

Camper64
04-20-2018, 11:15 AM
When someone posts something using the Tapatalk app then there is a blurb at the bottom of the post saying "sent from ....."

EMR
04-20-2018, 11:17 AM
I know i am behind the times but don't know what a tap talk ad is?

Looks like this at the bottom

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180420/003f75b0efc29c2681c7ca1765f73b71.jpg

oldred
04-20-2018, 12:09 PM
Yep that's it and the company is hijacking the poster's phone to post spam on the forum, it's just an annoying way to get free advertising.

Omega
04-20-2018, 12:30 PM
Go to your settings and change it to say what you want.

MT Gianni
04-21-2018, 07:41 PM
I have been married 40+ years and have learned to ignore the small stuff, thank God she has too.

HangFireW8
04-21-2018, 08:22 PM
Yep that's it and the company is hijacking the poster's phone to post spam on the forum, it's just an annoying way to get free advertising.

No, it's not hijacking anything. :veryconfu

It's just a text string in the app's settings. Like Omega said, just change it. Tap the person icon, hit Settings, Signature, turn it off or set it to anything you want, even different signatures for each forum.

oldred
04-22-2018, 03:47 PM
No, it's not hijacking anything. :veryconfu

It's just a text string in the app's settings. Like Omega said, just change it. Tap the person icon, hit Settings, Signature, turn it off or set it to anything you want, even different signatures for each forum.

Unfortunately that is what it's doing and only the person making the post can eliminate it, this came up on another forum (not a gun forum) a while back and most of those folks too were quite annoyed by it, it even came up here a couple of years ago. It's on the Tapatalk software and the person who is using it has the option to turn it off. Otherwise it just becomes a spam ad every time the person posts.

No need to flame, as if I care about that anyway, I clearly said it was not about anyone's post or the way they post just that we have ads shoved at us day and night and just seeing one while reading someone's post is just annoying. Ads on the forum or anywhere are annoying enough but the reason for those is quite understandable and acceptable, in fact without them forums such as this would likely have to charge a fee. Those TapaTalk ads, and they are a form of name recognition ad, are spam slipped in without paying anyone a cent by using some forum members to post their name in every post they make, using this or any other forum's space for free advertising is spam any way you look at it!

RED BEAR
04-22-2018, 11:52 PM
well don't have to worry about that one the only phone i have plugs into the wall and only goes as far as thw cord will stretch.

HangFireW8
04-24-2018, 04:08 PM
Sure it's spam. But it's still not hijacking. And my mind boggles at the people you describe, who would gripe on a board about something completely under their control.

Tapatalk is just another App like Firefox Safari Edge or whatever. Don't like it, customize it or get another. It has saved me from countless hours of boredoem while waiting on my family's many medical appointments. Helped me keep my sanity, really.

Don't like it? PM the poster and tell them to fix it. Problem solved.

pcolapaddler
04-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Interestingly enough, I don't think signatures attached to posts appear on tapatalk. I've used it for a while and have gotten accustomed to only seeing the post content and not the signature.

FWIW, I did change my signature.

Sent from an unnamed device running an undisclosed OS via a third party application.

HATCH
04-24-2018, 09:00 PM
I just never took the time to go in and remove it.
Its not that hard.

for those using Tapatalk on a IOS device.
At the bottom it has 5 icons
Feed, Groups, Inbox, Notifications, Me
Click on ME
Then Click on SETTINGS
Under general you will see Signature - click on it
It will list all the forums that you use Tapatalk with.
Click on Cast Boolits
You can edit the signature or you can simply turn it off.

Please keep in mind that I am running a AD-FREE version of tapatalk so you may not have the option to turn it off.

oldred, thanks for posting it as I have been meaning to turn them off.
The Tapatalk signature is a pain in the tail. Anyone that replies to a PM that I have sent with the TapaTalk signature has their reply sent italicized.

HATCH
04-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Testing from my phone via tapatalk