PDA

View Full Version : Spring looks like it might be here soon

Blanket
04-19-2018, 09:57 PM
Looking forward to crappie fillets. Dust in flour, salt and black pepper, fried in a cast iron skillet greased with lard. Who's in?

Boaz
04-20-2018, 07:37 PM
This has been laying heavy on my mind ! They are starting to bite here in north Texas , males are trying to get in the shallows but the dang weather keeps going up and down . Wish it would warm up steady and get the fishing started . Might go down on the Big Wichita river near me when the sand bass run after crappie season , sand bass are hard to figure when they will run .

Crappie are the primo eating fish here bouts !

JBinMN
04-20-2018, 07:50 PM
I want some...
;)

Outer Rondacker
04-20-2018, 08:09 PM
Wish we had them here.

Geezer in NH
04-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Not here in my area. Ice is to weak to go fishing on and ice out is a ways off. Salmon opened 4-1 but only in natural openings of the ice, all three or 4 are so crowded why bother.

Blanket
04-20-2018, 08:43 PM
We had snow 2 day's ago and winter is running late this year. Headed to China in the morning for a week so tonight is like the last supper. T bone and yellow hominy. Will have to work on the crappies when I get back

MaryB
04-20-2018, 10:27 PM
Northern pike or walleye for me. Problem is the pike run up the creeks before the season starts. Spawn out and are back in the lake by opening weekend. Only twice have I caught them running on opener and I won't keep a fish full of eggs so they went back mostly. Think I ended with 1 keeper that was a 4 pound male. Walleye are second in eating...

I need a boat but my back and sitting in a boat all day no longer agree...

Blanket
04-20-2018, 10:32 PM
Mary I like Northerns