PDA

View Full Version : R. Lee Ermey, ‘Full Metal Jacket’ Actor, Dies at 74

M-Tecs
04-15-2018, 08:01 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/r-lee-ermey-‘full-metal-jacket’-actor-dies-at-74/ar-AAvV6b7?li=BBnb7Kz

Golden Globe-nominated actor for "Full Metal Jacket," R. Lee Ermey, died Sunday, his long-time manager Bill Rogin announced on Twitter.
"It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us. Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed," the tweet reads.
Statement from R. Lee Ermey's long time manager, Bill Rogin:
It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us.
Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed. pic.twitter.com/vf4O78JKmb
-- R. Lee Ermey (@RLeeErmey) April 15, 2018

LUCKYDAWG13
04-15-2018, 08:05 PM
Rest in peace Gunny

timspawn
04-15-2018, 08:10 PM
I spent a few minutes with him at SHOT show in Orlando a few years back. He seemed like a "real" guy. He was very generous with his time even though he was being pulled in ten different directions.

gnostic
04-15-2018, 08:16 PM
He was a great shot with a submachine gun. Rest in peace Gunny....

Panman213
04-15-2018, 08:18 PM
RIP Gunny, you will be missed.

JBinMN
04-15-2018, 08:24 PM
RIP & Semper Fi!
:(

ShooterAZ
04-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Very sad news to hear. Prayers and condolences for his family, and Semper Fi Gunny. My wife and I both love you and salute you R. Lee. Rest in Peace.

Echo
04-15-2018, 08:32 PM
RIP, Gunny...

Don Purcell
04-15-2018, 08:43 PM
My wife and I met and talked with him at an N.R.A. convention in Indy a few years ago and told him about our nephew who had been severely wounded in a suicide bomber attack in Iraq. He wanted to hear all about it as he had just been to Walter Reed Hospital shortly before the convention and told us about some of the guys he met. Rest in peace Gunny.

sparkyv
04-15-2018, 08:46 PM
RIP, Gunny Ermey.

Wayne Smith
04-15-2018, 08:51 PM
RIP Gunny. I hope you are with God and complete now.

43PU
04-15-2018, 08:57 PM
God speed Gunny!! You will forever be missed!

Sweetpea
04-15-2018, 09:51 PM
They broke the mould.

Godspeed, gunny!

DCP
04-15-2018, 09:56 PM
The Marine stood and faced God Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining Just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward Marine, How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?" The Marine squared his shoulders and said, "No, Lord, I guess I ain't Because those of us who carry guns Can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays And at times my talk was tough,
And sometimes I've been violent, Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place Among the people here,
They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand."
There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod As the Marine waited quietly, For the judgment of his God.
"Step forward Marine, You've borne your burdens well,
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets, You've done your time in Hell."
Author: Sgt Joshua Helterbran
RIP R. Lee Ermey

osteodoc08
04-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Rest In Peace Gunny. You’ve reached your final mail call
And will be missed.

Mytmousemalibu
04-16-2018, 12:05 AM
That really stinks, I really liked ole Gunny. You couldn't ask for anyone more patriotic and the embodiment of what an American is.

Semper Fi, Gunny, you will be missed.

Tom W.
04-16-2018, 01:00 AM
I believe we'll all miss the Gunny, and remembering how he used to blast watermelons....Semper Fi, sir!
And thanks.

fiberoptik
04-16-2018, 01:48 AM
RIP Gunny & Godspeed my brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega
04-16-2018, 02:58 AM
Your turn on the wall is over, Rest in Peace Marine.

MrWolf
04-16-2018, 07:11 AM
R.I.P Gunny....

goodolejim
04-16-2018, 07:23 AM
If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven’s scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines.

Semper Fi

Doc Olive

Biggin
04-16-2018, 07:57 AM
RIP Gunny you will be missed.

smoked turkey
04-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Yes Gunny will be missed by us all, but especially the youth of our nation. Here is my memory of the only time I met Gunny. It was at an NRA event. Along with the usual gun booths, there were a few personalities who were "famous" from the silver screen. They each one had a roped off area and a long line of people who wanted to shake their hand and meet them. Gunny was one of them. He spotted a young boy far back in the line. Gunny stopped the line and walked over to the young lad and reached down and scooped him up and carried him off to the side. Gunny spent a few tender moments with the boy and then reached in his pocket and handed the lad something to which the boy broke out into a smile. I could see that Gunny enjoyed it as much as the boy. Yes I say that Gunny is the real deal. Godspeed Gunny. May you rest in peace.

lightman
04-16-2018, 01:29 PM
R.I.P. Gunny!

GRid.1569
04-16-2018, 02:25 PM
FMJ is one of my favourite movies... because of R.Lee..... apparently brought in as an adviser he was then cast because of his performance as a Gunnery Sergeant.... Rest In Peace.... ��

robg
04-16-2018, 03:21 PM
Brilliant in fmj.

woodbutcher
04-16-2018, 07:14 PM
:-( R.I.P. Gunny.God bless ya.You will be missed.
Leo

Blackwater
04-16-2018, 08:48 PM
No man can have the strength and courage to do the things he did, or face what he had to face, without a LOT of faith. He may never have talked about it, or prostelytized. He didn't have to. He demonstrated it for anyone to see. "Greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for another." Gunny stood between many folks' demise, and the enemy. He laid his life on the line many times in many ways, for sometimes a single fellow soldier. He led men in battle, which required him to keep his head when all around him were losing thiers.

God bless you, Gunny. I know where you are now, and you've truly EARNED it. Amen.