PDA

View Full Version : Spring?

white eagle
04-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Well here it is 15th of April and flowers should be blooming, bee's a buzzin and grass
green as a lepricon, turkeys strutting and hunting them in full swing
however rite at this moment I am in the middle of a white out snow storm
must be that global warming I have been hearing so much about

Outer Rondacker
04-15-2018, 10:50 AM
I am with you. Its white here as well. It is coming down hard. Temp is low 20s. Lake has re froze over. Had an inch of ice on the water bucket for the chickens this morning.

Shawlerbrook
04-15-2018, 10:58 AM
No such thing as Spring around here lately. We go straight from winter to summer. High 20’s and freezing rain here now and looks like another week of a high in the 40’s and rain/snow mix.

marlin39a
04-15-2018, 11:00 AM
It's Springtime here. I've seen a couple of 80 degree days. A cold snap came through a few days ago. Gave highs in the 50's. Yesterday was a beautiful 70 degree day. Spring breezes are here. We have those until mid June. Lilacs in full bloom, and leaves almost full on trees.

Skunk1
04-15-2018, 11:06 AM
We had temps near 85 on Friday. Saturday was 30 with blizzard conditions all day. Cold today and almost 60 tomorrow. Daughters post prom was canceled but prom went without a hitch. Worried about her all night til she got home. She was quite surprised to see this old man up past bedtime, lol.

FISH4BUGS
04-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Here in inland NH we currently have a mix of freezing rain, sleet, snow and Lord knows what else. Basically a pretty crappy day. It is right at 32 degrees so we will get a bit of everything today.
Crappy Sundays are reserved for the casting shed and cleaning the barn....and not in that order.

tinsnips
04-15-2018, 11:41 AM
It is a white spring here as well.

osteodoc08
04-15-2018, 11:42 AM
It’s spring here in NW GA, just as you described.

quilbilly
04-15-2018, 11:55 AM
The rain is ten degrees warmer here. Must be spring.

waksupi
04-15-2018, 12:04 PM
I went west from Kalispell yesterday for a shoot. The snow is going away in my area, but I was amazed at how much snow is still on the ground just a little way west.

And no one is giving Donald Trump any credit for ending global warming!

JBinMN
04-15-2018, 01:04 PM
We have about 10 inches down since yesterday & it is still snowing a little & blowing as well. I will be going out to snow blow & clean up at around 4 PM. Our town roads have not even been plowed yet except for emergency services routes.

Missed out on the Trout opener yesterday, but I know some who braved it & got their limit in brook trout. I stayed home. I am older than they are & call that not going out in that stuff, "wisdom". ( If they fell in the water in those conditions far from shelter, I hope they were prepared to deal with the results of the bath in those conditions. I know how, but am not gonna do it anyway not worth the fish or the fishing if it is miserable, IMO.) I can wait til warmer weather myself, The season runs to Sept., so it is not a need to rush thing for me...

I like the 4 seasons , but I prefer them to run there normal course in time & be regular about it. Mother Nature must have not got the memo this year, or is just "sleepin in"...

I have outdoor things I want to do that requires warmer weather & I like to garden, so this is kind of ticking me out a bit. I prefer to shoot in warmer weather & the rounds are piling up. Need some stress releif & get back to my training regimen again..
;)

Blanket
04-15-2018, 01:37 PM
snowing here right now

Bareen
04-15-2018, 02:25 PM
It has snowed here in IL every sunday since Easter... It lasts for a day then goes away.

LUCKYDAWG13
04-15-2018, 02:52 PM
Stopped snowing but turned to sleet my trees are all iced up

woodbutcher
04-15-2018, 03:21 PM
:veryconfu Cloudy,cool,rainy and just plain nasty here today.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

lightman
04-15-2018, 03:23 PM
Its in the mid 40's here, overcast, with the wind at 18. Got a fire going, just finished reading a book. Looks like a freeze warning for tonight. Yeah, Global warming! Just finished a round of severe thunderstorms with numerous tornados.

FISH4BUGS
04-15-2018, 03:27 PM
I like the 4 seasons , but I prefer them to run there normal course in time & be regular about it.

WHAT? Only 4 seasons? Here in New Hampshire we have SIX seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, spring, mud, black fly then spring! :)

tomme boy
04-15-2018, 04:36 PM
The earth is in a cooling trend and will be for the next 50 or so years. Look into the mini ice age. It is a normal cycle and the Global climate change butt holes are going to use it to try to prove that they are the all seeing and wise men and know what is good for us.

So be prepared for cold wet springs and summers. Don't believe me???? Look up the "year without a summer"

Outer Rondacker
04-15-2018, 04:46 PM
WHAT? Only 4 seasons? Here in New Hampshire we have SIX seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter, spring, mud, black fly then spring! :)

This is very true. Not looking forward to black fly season. I hear its going to be bad.

chambers
04-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Well here is our last three days. Friday was heavy rain and 3/8" size hail, then Saturday the snow and sleet started followed by a day of snow and it is still snowing. The snow is so heavy you can walk across the top of it and shoving is only possibly by chunking it to break it apart. Yes turkey hunting starts this week but not sure if I should where white or camo?

Ateam
04-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Well here is our last three days. Friday was heavy rain and 3/8" size hail, then Saturday the snow and sleet started followed by a day of snow and it is still snowing. The snow is so heavy you can walk across the top of it and shoving is only possibly by chunking it to break it apart. Yes turkey hunting starts this week but not sure if I should where white or camo?

I have about the same thing across the pond, weird grainy snow, like walking on dried corn kernels.

Idaho45guy
04-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Typical Spring out here; snowing, then 60 degrees, then rain, then sunny, then hail, then snowing. All within a couple of days. From March to June. Every year.

Biggin
04-15-2018, 05:40 PM
Saw a funny cartoon the other day. Said you couldn't have all four seasons in one day. Then shows a picture of Arkansas. Caption says "Hold my beer and watch this!"

bangerjim
04-15-2018, 08:43 PM
88 degrees here. Citrus trees in full bloom. Smells with strong blossom perfume out back. Many other trees in bloom. Wife’s roses in full bloom. Tomato plants in full bloom. Bees buzzin’ in the Chinese chestnut tree blooms.

It is spring here in Arizizona.......you just gotta live in the right part of the country!!!!!!!!

Banger

MaryB
04-15-2018, 09:37 PM
17+ inches of snow, 6' drifts form the 70mph gusts yesterday, thunder, lightning, heavy snow all at the same time... 20mph winds all day today so still drifting. I am not shoveling more than a path to the garage! Rest of the **** can melt!

Pressman
04-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Mary, tell us how you really feel ��
I am stuck in Des Moines waiting for that "stuff" to melt so I can get home.
Contractors are finished with the house and I can start putting everything back. Only took 3 months. Now it's too cold and snowing to get there.
Cold, high wind, ice and snow covering everything, water hose frozen. Living in an RV in this weather bites big time.

Hickory
04-16-2018, 06:36 AM
Signs of spring.

Dead skunks on the road.
Walleye make their run up the Maumee river.
Buzzards return to Hinckley Ohio.
Hickory leaves bud.
The IRS makes permanent is confiscation of your money.
Seed catalogs have arrived.

bdicki
04-16-2018, 06:56 AM
Cold front came through last night, 88 yesterday and only 70's today. Almost had to put my big boy pants on this morning.

Outer Rondacker
04-16-2018, 08:17 AM
28 out now with a high of 36 today. Its been freezing raining all night and looks like it is starting to turn over to rain at the moment. Everything is a sheet of ice. Tossed out half a 50 pound bag of salt last night it just slid down the driveway. Put the ice cleats on the wives shoes this morning for her after busting my butt taking out the garbage. Stuck in the house today. Oh well looks like it will give me time to get some items together for the last ever gun show in my area.

JBinMN
04-16-2018, 10:04 AM

Well, I was kind of exaggerating & projecting hopes, rather than the reality that we actually only have 2 seasons. Winter & Road Construction. I did read about folks having only 4 seasons to the year in books, so perhaps that is where I got the idea... Must have been in some exotic place, or perhaps it is only a fantasy...
;)

P.S.- We even have had ticks out... But I think they might be hibernating under this snow right now... At least I hope so...
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/04/13/snowy-tick-season/

Idaho45guy
04-16-2018, 11:54 AM
88 degrees here. Citrus trees in full bloom. Smells with strong blossom perfume out back. Many other trees in bloom. Wife’s roses in full bloom. Tomato plants in full bloom. Bees buzzin’ in the Chinese chestnut tree blooms.

It is spring here in Arizizona.......you just gotta live in the right part of the country!!!!!!!!

Banger

Phoenix just had their first 100 degree day of the year a week or so ago; the 4th earliest one in history. No thanks!

My parents just got back from their Yuma home and said it was getting into the 90's when they left. They have the right idea; summer in Idaho and winter in Arizona.

I lived in Prescott Valley and worked in Phoenix, so when it was snowing in PV when I left in the morning, it was sunny and warm at work in Phoenix. And when it was 115 degrees and hell in Phoenix, it was in the 90's and bearable in PV.

Get sick of the snow and gray, wet weather? Go to my parent's house in Yuma for the weekend and enjoy sun and mid-70s. It was great!

Don Purcell
04-16-2018, 12:24 PM
tomme boy, this is why the shyster's like Al Gore switched to "Climate Change" from "Global Warming", that way they are covered both ways and can continue raking in the cash from the gullible and the elite control freaks.

robg
04-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Climate change/global warming ,its just a con to make us pay more tax.

KCSO
04-16-2018, 04:28 PM
April showers brig May flowers
as the old saying goes.
But in Nebraska it's like Alaska
Only Snow!

Bout 50 robins in front of the house resting on a snow drift.

MaryB
04-16-2018, 09:45 PM
Man that stuff is wet and heavy... my bad back is not liking me tonight after shoveling... Snowblower said "are you kidding me" so it went back in the garage and I called the co-op to come clear the plow berm from the end of the driveway. Snowblower instantly plugged and I was only in 3" deep snow... plow leftovers are 4' deep... Literally was blowing water before it froze up in the chute.

MT Gianni
04-16-2018, 10:45 PM
SW Mt got plenty of wet snow today. There are going to be some unhappy campers downstream when this melts off. 2011 near Cooke City there was 75" of snow April 10th, this year there is over 120".

bob208
04-17-2018, 09:54 AM
took the trailer up to the Carlisle pa. spring car show yesterday. setting here now by the wood stove watching snow flurries.

Outer Rondacker
04-17-2018, 10:03 AM
I am sick of feeding the wood stove. I too am watching snow flakes blow by.

waksupi
04-17-2018, 10:45 AM
SW Mt got plenty of wet snow today. There are going to be some unhappy campers downstream when this melts off. 2011 near Cooke City there was 75" of snow April 10th, this year there is over 120".

I'd mentioned that a while back, warning those along the Missouri River to be prepared with sandbags. There is a LOT of snow in the mountains.

MaryB
04-17-2018, 09:11 PM
News tonight was issuing warnings for people downstream from me towards Mankato and the Twin Cities. Local rivers are in minor flood and if it hits 60 next Monday like forecast a LOT of water is going to head that way!

woodbutcher
04-18-2018, 11:47 AM
:shock: Sounds like the folks down river are going to be in a'Too thin to plow and too thick to drink"situation.Wishing them the best.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

white eagle
04-18-2018, 02:04 PM
here it is the 17th of April and our second snow storm is hitting us

definitely global warming