PDA

View Full Version : I just picked up a Sig 1911 Nitron Super Target 45ACP

tazman
04-11-2018, 09:33 PM
I was offered this pistol for a rather low price considering it is unblemished and no wear, scratches, or chips.
I took it to the range immediately after I picked it up after the waiting period.
I wasn't shooting it all that well, which bothered me since the gun has a reputation for accuracy.
After I got home I thought about it for a while and decided the target style wood grips with the palm swell were throwing off my trigger pull since I have a short trigger finger due to an accident years ago.
I changed out the grips for a standard size set I had lying around.
I made it back to the range today and apparently the grips were the issue. The pistol shot really well today so I am pleased with it.
It shot and fed well with both FMJ and my cast loads so all is good.
I found it at a gun store that doesn't sell 1911 style pistols often so they gave me a deal.
Online retail is near $1500 new. I got it for $700 and tax.

Two Barrels
04-11-2018, 09:54 PM
You did very well!

LUBEDUDE
04-12-2018, 10:41 AM
Pics or it didn’t happen. :)

DougGuy
04-12-2018, 10:43 AM
What's the throat look like? Any freebore or is it rifled right to the case mouth?

tazman
04-12-2018, 04:29 PM
What's the throat look like? Any freebore or is it rifled right to the case mouth?

I don't know since I didn't look. However, it feeds semi wadcutters just as well as the barrels you throated for me.
I have put approximately 200 rounds through the pistol so far. Probably 50 of them were the semi wadcutters. The rest were either TC or RN.

tazman
04-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Here are your pictures.

Here is another SIG I picked up from another shop on the same day for the same price. This one is a 45ACP nickel rail model. It also shoots well.

Virginia John
04-12-2018, 05:46 PM
I am going to send you out to do all my shopping. I'll send you my wish list.

tazman
04-12-2018, 06:03 PM
I was expecting to see much higher prices on both of these pistols. When they told me the price, I just couldn't resist.
If it was something I wanted to do, I could make money on both of these.
The Nitron Target model sells for around $1000 or a bit more on Guntrader.
The Nickel Rail, while a good buy, is not as good a buy as the Nitron.
The Nickel Rail is one of those pistols that I can just pick up and shoot and the bullets hit where I want them to almost effortlessly. It fits my hand well and points naturally for me. That's something I don't have happen often.

LUBEDUDE
04-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Nice pair Taz! Those wood grips look very nice and functional as well.

Thanks for the pics.

Enjoy :)