PDA

View Full Version : randyrat is a hero

sghart3578
04-07-2018, 01:10 PM
I have recently had the urge to switch from tumble lube to conventional lubes. I had some questions that I thought were best asked off the board so I took a chance and reached out to Randyrat.

He offered to answer any questions that he thought he could help me with. That in itself was very generous. He then offered me a sample of the lube that he makes. Also very generous.

In my rush to send him my address I made a typo. Randy addressed the package as I had written it but notified me that it didn't look right.

I apologized and I expected the post office would return it to Randy and he would re-mail it with the correct address.

But Randy went back down to the post office, talked them into finding the package, corrected the address and re-shipped it.

Talk about going above and beyond. Guys like Randy are what make this forum special.

I felt that he deserved some recognition.

Steve in N CA

stubshaft
04-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Randyrat is good people. I've had nothing but positive transactions with him.

Bazoo
04-07-2018, 09:44 PM
I agree, he's good folk.

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-08-2018, 12:15 AM
He is not only a great guy, he is handsome and his beeswax smells good.

Beagle333
04-08-2018, 12:36 AM
I like Randy's lube. I use it at least half the time in my loadings. It's good stuff and he's great to deal with!

Minerat
04-08-2018, 01:26 AM
He has always treated me right. I had some questions about lanolin, I e-mailed him and we got it handled. Good man.

newrib
04-08-2018, 09:44 PM
I bought some beeswax and lanolin from Randy, a great guy to deal with.
A real Straight Shooter !

randyrat
04-09-2018, 07:17 AM
Guys guys guys any more and my head is going to explode!

And JonB your so full of it, I ain't no Movie star, but I agree my beeswax does smell good

bowfin
04-10-2018, 09:35 AM
I bought some beeswax from Randy a while back. It seems a shame to do anything with it except smell it.

LenH
04-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Randy and I have had some interesting conversations to say the least. I bought a kit from Randy to make his TAC-1 lube. It was a very light green color and I have a bullet mold
that has some very narrow lube groves and couldn't tell if I was getting full coverage on the 2 lube grooves. I put all the lube back in the double boiler and put 3 jumbo green
crayons in the mix and it darkened it up a bit, Randy warned me about the paraffin in the crayons but later on that. The result was that Randy found a dye that mixed well
with the lube and made it darker. He sent me a very small amount of the dye and got my lube to be almost John Deere green when put in the lube. Now the lube is dark green and easy to see.

I had another message conversation about the lube needing a heater to work with a Star and an air cylinder. Randy questioned me about that and I had forgotten about the 3 crayons
in the mix and thought that I may have added too much carnauba to the mix. But it had to be the paraffin in the crayons. The kit had enough stuff to make 2 pounds of Tac-1 and only called
for 1 ounce of the carnauba for 2# of lube. But the stuff holds up very well and works like a champ. The lube I made with the crayons does smoke a little but I still have lube sticks out
the wazoo and will use it up one day and make more when needed. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.