PDA

View Full Version : Hardest hand gun game.

Dave C.
09-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Does anyone beside my self shoot NRA conventional handgun?
Shooting a 45 one handed, standing on your own two feet is a learning
expirence. But a huge pile of fun!

Dave C.

10-x
09-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Dave,
True Marksmanship, did it in the Army......but that was years ago. Once in a while I try it just for the heck of it..........depends on how much coffee I had that AM[smilie=1:[smilie=1:
The AMU manual says,"No booze, no coffee and no sex":(
Remember holding an Empty wine bottle with a little sand in it with the shooting hand at arms length to build up the muscles in the arm.:-D

Echo
09-08-2008, 02:17 AM
Right - we stand up like gentlemen, rather than running around, shooting around corners, QD'ing, all that.
I'm Old and Ugly now, but was a pretty good shooter in earlier life - Distinguished, 2600+, medalist in the National Trophy Team Match, &cetera. It is true competition, competing with the Course Of Fire, rather than competing with another person. And basically no one Judging how well we shoot - the target tells it all.

oksmle
09-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Dave .... We have been shooting from the "Bullseye Position" since about 1998 in both our Military Revolver & Military Semi-Auto matches here at Tri City Gun Club. A couple other clubs have picked up on the idea & we sorta' visit back & forth. The SR-1 target is used & we shoot five strings of 10 rounds each, slow fire at 25 yards. Lots of fun & I believe all the shooters use cast boolits.
oksmle

missionary5155
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
I remember standing in front of a paper target at extended right arms length for several hours dry firing my 1911A1 Colt .45 with a #2 lead pencil wrapped in two places with masking tape to a loose bore fit to learn trigger control.. breathing.. holding steady.. and what ever else the old sarge thought was important.
Then a day later after firng the weapon the same sarge said.. Forget all that %"&* I told you yesterday... when I was in the Korea I crawled on my belly, snuck around a tree and shot that &*^$%& with both hands.
But yea that one handed two legged stuff takes a whole lot of practice, concentration and steady nerves...

10-x
09-08-2008, 08:20 PM
"Ready on the right.....Ready on the Left..........The firing Line is Ready"......"Minimim Arc of Movement", Concentration, Breathing Control,Sight Alignment, and Trigger Control, Surprise Break............shooting 900's, 1800's.........and just fired HOT 45 case down your back, inside the shirt, I still hate those "Pickle Suits" ,OD # 7 Sateens.....and startched so stiff they would break...spit shined boots...[smilie=1:

sagamore-one
09-10-2008, 04:36 PM
I am in my second year of NRA conventional pistol. (bullseye).
I have competed in rifle, pistol, shotgun, and sub gun matches for over 30 years and I'll tell you that Bullseye one handed shooting is absolutely the most challenging. I am trying to use a 1955 Target Smith wheelgun while everyone else around me is using a 1911 of some sort. To say the least, I'm not the high master of this game. But I enjoy trying.

Morgan Astorbilt
09-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Years ago, I left NRA"Conventional" for USAS "International-Style". While I shoot Standard Pistol(.22 slow, timed, and rapid fire), and Center Fire, (.38spl. precision and rapid fire(Duel), I enjoy Free Pistol (.22 single shot at 50M) and 10M pistol(.177 air pistol) the most. I'm able to fire the 10M in my basement in the evenings, or during inclement weather. These are both 60 shots in 2 hrs., and take a lot of concentration. The 10M 10 ring is 11.5mm.dia., and the 50M free pistol 10 ring 50mm. dia.
Morgan

fourarmed
09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I do enjoy bullseye shooting very much, but I don't think it is the most difficult of the pistol competitions. The standing event in smallbore metallic silhouette is tougher for me. I regularly do better than 270x300 on the national match course, but scoring better than 27x40 in .22 standing is cause for celebration.

clodhopper
09-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I shot the rim fire version last winter with a Ruger MK II. Was good fun and no, I did not win. Lots to learn there.