PDA

View Full Version : Good deal.

holsterguy
03-31-2018, 06:26 AM
Posted this earlier in a different spot by accident.
Was on a facebook group trying to find out the going rate for a 450. A guy said he had a 45 that he'd part with. Sent me this picture.217366
We talked back and forth for a while, and I ended up getting it for 55$ including shipping. Got it a couple days ago, and it's good and tight, and looks better in person. Even came with the original wrench.
Now I can keep my smokeless lube in my 450, and black powder lube in this one!

Walter Laich
03-31-2018, 04:02 PM
The 45 is a good unit. The 450 and 4500 are built off of the 45's idea so the basic concept has pretty much stayed the same.

Just don't try to size the bullets waaay down in one step. .001-.002 is fine. Best way to tell is as the start sizing if it get really hard to lower the handle stop and try a bit of lube on the bullet. If using hard lube be sure to warm it enough to get it to flow easily

holsterguy
03-31-2018, 04:43 PM
Thanks Walter, I'll heed that advice!
Can't really tell in the pictures people show just how frail these things look in person. Nothing beefy about them!

lightman
03-31-2018, 06:16 PM
Thats a good price for that sizer. There is a lot of info available or cleaning those up or repairing them.

solman
03-31-2018, 06:41 PM
Seems like a good deal to me. When I wanted to start sizing I looked for a used one first for a little while. Nothing doing and I got impatient. I bought a new one from one of the reloading online sellers. Of course now that I have one I have since seen several here on the Swap and sell thread.
I knew that would happen :-|