PDA

View Full Version : Savage 775

richhodg66
03-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Went in a local pawn shop this afternoon and one of these was on the used rack. As I understand it, these were also sol by Remington and it's a recoil operated design like the Browning Auto Five.

This one had rather ornate engraving on it which I'm sure is factory and was in pretty much new condition, hardly looked like it ever left the show room. They're only asking $149.95 which seems cheap for such a thing, but everybody wants the super duper magnums with all kinds of stuff on them.

I really don't need another shotgun, but this one struck me as being something I'd regret passing by. Anyone ever owned or shot one? Good guns?

EMC45
03-31-2018, 12:55 PM
Semi auto shotgun for 150 bucks?!?! I don't care what brand is written on the side, I would jump on it!!

wmitty
04-04-2018, 11:59 PM
Savage is nicer than the Rem M 11 in my opinion. Browning design w/o the magazine cutoff.

richhodg66
04-06-2018, 06:57 PM
Oddly, I found another one in a different shop 50 miles away that wasn't in near as good shape and with a higher asking price.

I really don't need another shotgun, but this one seems like an awful good deal to pass up.

1Hawkeye
04-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Iv'e got one, it was my mom's partridge gun.They are similar to a Browning A5 but have an alloy receiver with a rounded back rather than the a5's humpback. just remember to keep to magazine cap on tight or like a browning the fore end will split down the side. 775's are a very under rated shotgun.