PDA

View Full Version : 🔧 curious and lazy: trying something new on the SDB

Walter Laich
03-28-2018, 04:02 PM
My cheapness is only rivaled by how lazy I am. If this were the middle ages their would be madrigal songs about these two traits of mine.

I was finishing a batch of 150 .45 Colt reloads on my SDB and needed 50 .44 Mag cartridges to be done for today.
Four bolts to change out the dies between the two calibers and then I started thinking . . .

The .45 Colt shell plate is very close to the .44 Mag. What if I left he .45 Colt one in? Don't know so let's try it as see.

Turns out it is possible to do but you have to cycle the press a bit slowly so the cases will line up with the dies. Had a couple that jammed in the shell plate at an angle which was easy to fix with just finger pressure.

So, will I keep doing this? NO, there is enough excess slop in the shell place to make me have to be conscious of it all the time. with the correct shell plate the aliment is perfect and I can worry about other things: like did I just dump the full bin of reloads all over the floor . . . again?

EDG
03-31-2018, 07:10 AM
I am too lazy to read such a long post.

LUBEDUDE
03-31-2018, 07:49 AM
I am too lazy to read such a long post.

Well at least he used the space bar to make it easier to read. Too many folks on various forums have no idea what the space bar even is.

ascast
03-31-2018, 08:29 AM
got coffee ??

dverna
03-31-2018, 08:53 AM
Well at least he used the space bar to make it easier to read. Too many folks on various forums have no idea what the space bar even is.

I believe you meant the return key. Some people do not know what it is either

This is how it works

See!

Your welcome

LUBEDUDE
04-01-2018, 12:40 PM
I believe you meant the return key. Some people do not know what it is either

This is how it works

See!

Your welcome

Hahaha, blonde moment.

I reckon my brain was thinking about spacing out the text, so my fingers on the keyboard thought the same, thus typing “space”bar.

Apologies