PDA

View Full Version : GOD gives assurance

Boaz
03-28-2018, 06:21 AM
We all have trouble , there are many kinds and degrees of trouble . To the small and persistent to major events that we struggle through . Many times it seems like your treading water , there seems to be no solution or foreseeable end to a problem . But through GOD's word we are given assurance . Situations and circumstances that can cause trouble in a fallen world are too many to be imagined But GOD promises to be there in all of them .

This last week I have been dwelling on verses that have given me that assurance . GOD gives us through his living word that he will help us . We believe in a merciful and loving GOD .

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand

Psalm 27;1

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid .

Hickok
03-28-2018, 07:45 AM
Amen brother!

GhostHawk
03-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Amen!

Pine Baron
03-28-2018, 08:31 AM
When I'm troubled, this helps.

2 Corinthians 1

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.a 6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. 7 Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

USMC87
03-28-2018, 08:47 AM
Amen to all.

Boaz
03-28-2018, 08:45 PM
Great supporting verse Pine Baron . Thank you !

2 Corinthians 1

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5 For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.a 6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. 7 Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

buckwheatpaul
03-29-2018, 07:41 AM
Amen Charlie....it seems when I am lowest that when I get to Bible Study or Church the sermon or subject of the lesson hits the nail on the head and presto-chango my problem is solved. The Bible does contain countless in-spiritually resolutions for your, mine, and our problems......

histed
03-29-2018, 07:38 PM
"4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. "
Good to remember that God has a purpose and plan - even in the hard spots. With this experience He equips us to better minister to other in the same situation. While it isn't easy, we need to remember that no situation is unique to ourselves. Others Are going through exactly the same experiences and they my be weaker in the faith - or lack faith all together. Every trial is an opportunity to both grow and to minister.

Boaz
03-29-2018, 08:11 PM
Thank you histed .

Blackwater
04-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Amen, Boaz. We all love the comfort that God provides when we're "down." In the aftermath, though, we often fail to seek to understand how we got in such a predicament, and thus, keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. If we just realized that WE had a very large part in most of our "problems," we'd go a long way towards avoiding or skirting them in the future. Not all problems are self-caused, of course, but a large portion of them are, and those are the ones that we can prevent in the future, if we were just humble enough to accept that we're fallible, even when our hearts are in the right place in what we do. It takes more than just good intentions to do God's will! Sometimes, it takes more thought than action to find the "key" to unlock a better life for ourselves or others. I know in my own time, I've often been "my own worst enemy!" We weren't put on this earth knowing and understanding enough about ourselves and all that surrounds us to avoid a lot of sadness and difficulties and strife. But we CAN learn if we are just simply willing to. And when consequences come, we need to bear them with honor for the things they teach us, and NOT with haughty expectations that God is ONLY supposed to let good things come to us. If we never had any challenges, we'd be a very sorry lot of creatures! God provides the discipline for us, IF we'll but simply recognize it for what it is. THAT will always be the hard part, won't it?

histed
04-03-2018, 07:06 PM
Excellent observation, Blackwater. Been in that situation far too often. Humility and patience, plus the willingness to wait on His timing, can be hard lessons to learn. Like any good parent, He let's us make mistakes and deal with the consequences to help us mature. You're right on in that last two sentences. Gotta recognize it foe what it is and accept it in a humble spirit - willing to learn and grow.

Blackwater
04-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Yep, and for most of my life, I'be usually operated on the basis of "Lord, I want to learn patience, and I want it NOW!" I know God has a sense of humor, or he'd have disposed of the lot of us LONG ago! ;^)

Boaz
04-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Psalm 19;14

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.”

Pine Baron
04-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Excellent verse Boaz. Amen