PDA

View Full Version : What I Don’t Like About the Hornady LNL Control Centerpiece

omgb
03-27-2018, 07:14 PM
I actually like my LNL system. That being said, Hornady has room for improvement. The bullet feeder dies for one are an irritating disaster. Now, the Control Panel is pretty good but......it is way too quiet to be functional. If you have ever tripped an alarm from that blue company you know what loud can be. Trip one of those sensors and the dead in the cemetery hear it. With Hornady, the alarms are so quiet and the lights so small that you will miss it unless you are looking for it. Given the age demographic of most of the guys who reload and the number of years we have been shooting, you would think they could find a louder buzzer and bigger lights
That’s my two cents anyway.
Reece

Walter Laich
03-28-2018, 04:06 PM
I had a similar problem with the low primer alarm on my Dillon

went out and bought a cheap buzzer from Radio Shack (oops, can't do that anymore) and wired it in place of the OEM. Had to go with a 9v battery which also got velcroed to the alarm housing. And just for fun added a couple of lem lights to the mix, mostly to see if I could.

Now when I run out of primers he scares the devil out of me but I don't have to worry about charging unprimed brass

Mytmousemalibu
03-28-2018, 04:53 PM
That gets rather annoying when you are using a fine grained powder which results in a big mess. I hate my press being dirty and nasty. It gets cleaned and serviced every 3000rds