PDA

View Full Version : Contender Warranty with S&W?

upnorthwis
03-27-2018, 01:12 PM
I bought two Contenders over 30 years ago and am 100% certain that I sent in the warranty cards. So I get on the Contender/S&W website and they want me to send a copy of the sales order before I will get any warranty work done. And of course I can't find them. I emailed them asking to confirm that they had the records of the two serial numbers. Website says they will get back to me in 3-4 days, that was 3 weeks ago. My guess is they are going to take the chance that I can't find the papers so they don't have to honor the lifetime warranty. Looks like I will have to call them to get any answers. Has anyone else gone thru this?

Tatume
03-27-2018, 01:17 PM
I ran into the same issue. I called S&W customer service, they said "send us the gun." I did, and they fixed it. (866) 730-1614

LUCKYDAWG13
03-27-2018, 07:25 PM
I had in issue with my Omega that is around 10 years old they were no help told me warranty was up S&W not like the old T/C

EMC45
03-28-2018, 08:55 AM
I bought an old Contender off a buddy (member here as well) and it started to open up when I fired it. I called and they said send it in. I did and they gave me a new G2. No telling how old the frame I had was or if the warranty was ever filled out.

rking22
03-28-2018, 09:52 AM
That's good to hear, TC had the best service of any company I ever delta with, including my professional life!

Moonie
04-03-2018, 06:26 PM
I have a brand new 20" Katahdin barrel and was having some issues with the extractor, e-mailed them and they are sending me a new extractor for it. I've shot it only a few times, they didn't question me at all about it.

Ramjet-SS
04-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Just go to this site and I bet you will find a fix and the parts for less than it will cost to ship that gun back to S&W

https://www.bellmtcs.com/?post_type=product

upnorthwis
04-05-2018, 10:11 PM
I think that Bellm might be just the ticket. Sent them an email about their extended firing pin. That's the problem with mine. They lock up but the safety switch won't let the firing pin reach the primer no matter how many times I've cleaned it. One frame had so many miles to the old factory and back that it could have done a moon landing.