PDA

View Full Version : I can't

rl69
03-25-2018, 05:27 PM
John 5 New Living Translation (NLT)

Jesus Heals a Lame Man
5 Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. 2 Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda,[a] with five covered porches. 3 Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches. 5 One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”

7 “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”

8 Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”

[B] I CAN'T

We tend to get hung up with the impossible. This man was lame he had no way to get into the well; impossible. The sameritan women at the well told Jesus you have no bucket how can you get water; Impossible.

We know God can do anything to solve the problems in others lives. But we tend to think our problems or to great or to small for God.

I for one "can't" I can't fix it,no matter how big or small. I can't but the one who can lives in me

rl69
03-25-2018, 05:30 PM
Have you ever noticed verse 4 is missing?

histed
03-25-2018, 07:39 PM
Have you ever noticed verse 4 is missing?

Any thoughts on that? I've heard and read some things over the years, but nothing solid. And you're comments are well taken. I can't - never could. He had to teach me - still teaching me - that this is all about His power, not my failure and weakness. Thanks rl69.

Boaz
03-25-2018, 08:01 PM
A minor result of this scripture happened to me today . I had to do something I doubted I could do . After it was over and I had succeeded I gave thanks on the spot . This is that short praise and prayer .

Lord thank you . I didn't know if I could do it or not . Thank you for helping me . Lord please give me strength , please guide me in what to do , please help me . Thank you for all you have done and are doing for me . Amen

Your lesson is well founded and timely for me . Thank you brother

Preacher Jim
03-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Prayers answered

rl69
03-25-2018, 08:32 PM
The way I understand it the older manuscripts make mention how angels would swirl the water. I don't know why they dropped it?

Goatwhiskers
03-26-2018, 07:54 AM
On the other hand, I remind myself every morning that I CAN, I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. GW

USMC87
03-26-2018, 08:15 AM
I am on board with Christ as my Captain and like Goatwhiskers I can do all things through Him.

histed
03-26-2018, 06:25 PM
The way I understand it the older manuscripts make mention how angels would swirl the water. I don't know why they dropped it?

I'll not be dogmatic, but, as I understand it, the oldest manuscripts have nothing about the angle. KJV says "4. For an angle went down at a certain season and troubled the water; whosoever then first, after the troubling of the water, stepped in was made whole of whatever disease he had."
In the light of scripture, this sounds a bit odd. However, thought I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, I HAVE pretty well learned not to question God or His way of doing things.