PDA

View Full Version : Bolt action 25-20's &32-20's

Frank46
11-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Just in case anyone's interested. Check out sarco's swedish mauser pages. They have a couple bolt action rifles in 25-20, 32-20, and if I remember correctly 30-30. Prices aren't bad but conditions on all except one or two don't look good. Oh yeah, they have octagonal barrels. Might be a good project for the winter. Frank

Bent Ramrod
11-26-2005, 12:03 AM
A friend lent me one of those Husqvarna .25-20 bolt actions against a possible sale and I shot it a few times. Very well made, although elementary in manufacture and operation. The one I had had nonadjustable barleycorn and v-notch sights, and shot about a foot and a half high. I didn't have the heart to mess up that nice originality with drilling, tapping, adjustable sights or scopes, so gave it back to him.

His asking price was in line with SARCO's. I think he got his from the Buffalo Brothers in Phoenix.

Frank46
11-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Bent Ramrod, I was just cruising sarco's website and saw these rifles. Since I have seen mucho postings on this site I figured that maybe someone would like to know about them. The only 32-20 I ever had was a winchester lo-wall with a tang sight. Like a fool I went and sold it for what I cannot remember. Was a fun gun as I cast the boolits outta cable sheathing and has cigar boxes of the lyman #311316. Sure wish I had it now. Frank