PDA

View Full Version : Mauser Floor plate for Magazine

bouncer50
03-21-2018, 10:57 PM
I have a fr-8 308 mauser i am trying to get the floor plate off. My other Mauser you just press drown the mag button and they come off. For the life of me it will not come off. The reason why i want to remove it i got a great deal on a 25 round trench mag. I have a trench mag on my other mauser a guy give me. He could not get to work in his mauser. It took me over a hour to fit it in my Mauser some filing and it works great. People at the range ask me if it semi auto. :veryconfu When i tell them its a bolt action they get a funny look on their face.:-o A few ask me they would like to buy one because they said its neat looking a 25 round bolt action.

Mauser 98K
03-21-2018, 11:25 PM
i have seen them hit the stock and that make the plate hard to get off.. i have had to take them out of the stock to get them to budge..

lefty o
03-21-2018, 11:42 PM
real tight ones may need an assist. push and hold the button and with a plastic mallet or nylon punch tap the floor plate back.

pietro
03-22-2018, 12:42 PM

Ya never know when one might be frozen in place by whatever.

I've removed both floor & butt plates from military Mauser's that were stuck, that had dried blood in there. :shock:

I could only imagine how the blood got there. ;)