PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Sister

rockrat
03-20-2018, 09:08 PM
Sis is in the end stages of alzheimers. She went into Hospice for those in the last stages of the disease. Maybe a few weeks.
Saw her the Saturday before, she didn't know me (a first) and was eating very little. When I make her the cookies she really likes, she will eat half the bag, but Saturday , only a nibble on one.

Right then I knew that her time on this earth was getting short and got the call from her SIL that to prepare ourselves. My niece is pretty broken up about it as we don't have much family, pretty well her Mom, her husband and family , and me and my side. Thats all thats left.

Would appreciate a few prayers for her and that her passing will be easy.

Thanks

Boaz
03-20-2018, 09:26 PM
I know it's been a long hard road as she has declined . Many of us have been down that road with loved ones and it's always hard . I'll be praying here shortly and will pray for her and your family .

dverna
03-20-2018, 09:47 PM
Prayers for all. Very tough thing to face.

Steppapajon
03-20-2018, 10:28 PM
praying for you and your family.

Bzcraig
03-20-2018, 11:18 PM
Prayers for the family.

jcren
03-21-2018, 12:32 AM
Prayers sent

coloraydo
03-21-2018, 01:09 AM
Rockrat, you and your family are in our thoughts.

daloper
03-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Lord. I pray that you will be with Rockrat and his family as his sister moves into the final stages of her life. Give them peace in their knowing that she will be moving into your presence. Give her peace and comfort during her final days. In your name I pray. Amen.

koehn,jim
03-21-2018, 07:46 AM
Prayer sent.

Goatwhiskers
03-21-2018, 07:55 AM
Done my brother. GW

jamneg
03-21-2018, 08:25 AM
You, your family, and your sister are added to our prayer list. God is faithful and will see you through.

USMC87
03-21-2018, 09:12 AM
I have saw this many times and it is very hard, Prayers for your sister and the family.

daniel lawecki
03-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Payers sent for a peaceful end for all involved.

buckwheatpaul
03-21-2018, 10:44 AM
Father, I come to You to pray for comfort for rockrat's sister. You know her condition and soon she will be with You. Please make her passing easy and painless for her. Father please be with rockrat and his family as his sister comes to rest in Your loving arms. Please give them healing and comfort as they deal with his sister's impending demise. AMEN

Pine Baron
03-21-2018, 11:29 AM
Prayers sent.

rockrat
03-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the prayers ,to each and every one of you

trys357
03-21-2018, 12:47 PM
My prayers sent for each of you.

WRideout
03-25-2018, 07:32 AM
Father watch over Rockrat's family and bless them all. Give his sister peace in her passing, and ease her pain. Be with them always.

Wayne

rockrat
04-16-2018, 10:34 AM
Well, the power of prayer is just amazing. Sis has done a 180 and although she is where she was, before taking such a turn for the worse, she is doing well. She is up walking and eating well and talking with people as before

Thank you for all your prayers

Boaz
04-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Good news ! Thank you , praying for her and your family .

Hickok
04-16-2018, 11:29 AM
Amen to all the prayers, in the Name of Jesus, Amen!

big bore 99
04-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Prayers sent.

Blackwater
04-16-2018, 02:25 PM
Prayers up for her and family. God bless you all. None of us is here forever, and we all have an appointed departure time. Those of us who live long enough to get things like Alzheimer's are truly the "lucky ones," to use an often heard term. Many times, we only look at the "problems" that face us, and forget to be grateful for a long life, and the ensuing opportunity to love and serve our families and communities. Our departure is necessary, though, if we are ever to see Heaven, and we all too often forget that fact. Keeping a proper perspective is difficult with creatures such as we are, with our heavy reliance on our "feelings" instead of our intellects, and higher instincts.

God bless you all, and it may be a good idea to use whatever time remains to just enjoy her, and rediscover just how much we mean to each other. I think God would smile on that. And may her exit from this plane of existence be as merciful and peaceful as possible.

My Dad had Alzheimer's, but the one thing that even Alzheimer's can't do, is change a person's essential personality. It CAN make one less patient, and of course, all the other things it's so well known for, like memory, facial recognition, etc. But it cannot change the essential nature of a person. I've often thanked God for that, with my Dad. It's a comfort to know that they're largely still the same as they've always been, without the memory and other std. stuff. Dad never lost his sweetness, nor his ire, when sufficiently provoked. I'll always remember how he bore the disease, and how he departed seemingly of his own free will - as though he just got tired of the "suffering," and simply elected to pass this veil and go on to the next. He always had a lot of courage.

buckwheatpaul
04-17-2018, 07:58 AM
rockrat....you are so correct about the power of prayer....great news brother....please keep us posted about her progress.....Paul

clum553946
04-17-2018, 01:50 PM
Prayers sent for both her and family.