PDA

View Full Version : Redding Boss Press Question

tred1956
03-20-2018, 03:29 PM
Hi,
I am trying to find the thread (diameter & count)for a handle for a Redding Boss press. Got lost in the mail. May wind up ordering a new one but would like to make one with a ball instead of the grip on the standard one. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Doug

Guesser
03-20-2018, 06:22 PM
Mine is an older Boss; I removed the nut and it seems the thread & pitch is 1/2-20. If I remember correctly that is 1/2" NF

Steve E
03-20-2018, 11:10 PM
You could do what I did several years ago and take the bicycle grip off and take a Dremel and score around the shaft and drill a hole in a red Snooker ball to just fit over the end and then slather the end of the handle with acra glas gel and put the ball on it and there you go. Hasn't loosened at all.

Steve...........

Dancing Bear
03-21-2018, 11:21 AM
You could do what I did several years ago and take the bicycle grip off and take a Dremel and score around the shaft and drill a hole in a red Snooker ball to just fit over the end and then slather the end of the handle with acra glas gel and put the ball on it and there you go. Hasn't loosened at all.

Steve...........

I did something similar using a wooden ball from a hobby shop. Several coats of varnish, then polished up smooth. Still in use for over 20 years now.

country gent
03-21-2018, 01:16 PM
The balls feel good in the hand and even better feeling is a tear drop style ball ( hersays kiss with a rounded bottom). I made some handles like this over the years and they really feel nice

15meter
03-22-2018, 10:41 PM
The balls feel good in the hand and even better feeling is a tear drop style ball ( hersays kiss with a rounded bottom). I made some handles like this over the years and they really feel nice

Rounded bottoms usually do feel good��