PDA

View Full Version : Lyman GEN6 Compact Touch Screen Powder System

map55b
03-15-2018, 01:17 PM
I'd like to get a compact dispenser & scale. Anyone have any experience with this one: https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/lyman/scales-measures/gen6-compact-powder-system.html

or others for that matter?

Thanks! map55B

TNsailorman
03-15-2018, 02:04 PM
The big question for me would 'how well will it handle small trickle changes". I most often set the charge setting to about .2 or so below the actual setting I want then then trickle the rest. Interesting scale though and like you, I look forward to someone trying one out and reporting on their findings. james

Ranger 7
03-15-2018, 02:53 PM
I have the Lyman DPS 3 (About 4 years old), works great!
No problems.
I do keep it stored inside the house (70 degrees), in use: No cell phone, set up level, no vibration, no lights near it and no drafts.

daboone
03-16-2018, 09:05 AM
I've been putting the Gen6 to the test for 3 years. It usually despences .1 gran below what's set. I like it's small footprint. Actually I just like everything about it.

rbuck351
03-16-2018, 11:40 AM
I bought one about 2 years ago and am very happy with it. It usually throws right to what it's set. Depending on powder type it will sometimes throw one a tenth over (stick powder) and then it will buzz to warn you.