PDA

View Full Version : Dove recipe

Boz330
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Got a mess opening day how do you guys fix them?

Bob

jawjaboy
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Salt 'n pepper them. Wrap a slice of thin sliced bacon around them, stick a couple of toothpicks in to hold the bacon in place.

Place them in a baking pan/pizza pan and stick 'em in a 350f oven for about ~30~ minutes.

Enjoy.

KYCaster
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
I do the same thing, but add a slice of apple.

MMMMMMMMM..mmmmmmmmm

Jerry

fourarmed
09-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I filet the meat off each breastbone into two pieces. On a board, mix a half cup of flour (more for a big mess) with Tbsp. of curry powder, a little salt, and add some extra red pepper for zing. Use the edge of a saucer and pound each filet in the seasoned flour until thin. Fry quickly in a skillet in hot oil. Actually, you can season the flour with about anything you like. Cavender's Greek seasoning is good, most anything Cajun is good.

Boz330
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I filet the meat off each breastbone into two pieces. On a board, mix a half cup of flour (more for a big mess) with Tbsp. of curry powder, a little salt, and add some extra red pepper for zing. Use the edge of a saucer and pound each filet in the seasoned flour until thin. Fry quickly in a skillet in hot oil. Actually, you can season the flour with about anything you like. Cavender's Greek seasoning is good, most anything Cajun is good.

That sounds pretty good.

Jerry,
Hows your Mom? She should have been a little sore Sunday, I was. On another note one of the CFIs from the airport deadsticked the jump plane into a cornfield off the end of the runway from where we landed. Did a number on it.

Bob

KYCaster
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Mom's fine, she said one ankle is a little sore, but no other problems other than being tired. She's ready to go again.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack guys. Here's what we're talking about....

That's Boz and my 91 YO mom....Boz is the pilot. [smilie=1:

He was concerned that Mom would be a little uneasy about the flight...the only thing she was worried about was how to get into the basket. Her first flight was with my dad in an open cockpit biplane before they were married.

My first flight was sitting in her lap in the front seat of an Aeronca Champ...that's what I was told anyway, I was too young to remember.

Bob, which one did they trash, the Cessna?

Jerry

LIMPINGJ
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Don't forget the cream gravy and biscuits.

Boz330
09-05-2008, 11:00 AM
91, you told me she was in her 80s.

Bob

KYCaster
09-05-2008, 06:15 PM
91, you told me she was in her 80s.

Bob

[smilie=1: Did I say that? :mrgreen:

She had a great time...she's talking about going again next year!!

Jerry

crabo
09-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Salt 'n pepper them. Wrap a slice of thin sliced bacon around them, stick a couple of toothpicks in to hold the bacon in place.

Place them in a baking pan/pizza pan and stick 'em in a 350f oven for about ~30~ minutes.

Enjoy.

I like a slice of japelano between the breasts, wrapped in bacon on the grill.

THE CAT
09-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Yea bacon and japelano is how i first had them in TX .. Mom was frying chicken another time and i came home with some bird so we chicken fried them too and you know NO one cooks like Mom it was great .

hangfire
09-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I bring a quart of chicken broth to a boil ad in breast form 12 doves make up dumplings with Pioneer Brand baking mix. Dove and Dumplings good eatten.

Lloyd Smale
09-19-2008, 06:35 AM
We do the same but first sear them in very hot oil to seal in the juices and we also add a little bit of liquid smoke seasoning to them. We cook woodcock the same way.

Enjoy.

hivoltfl
10-13-2008, 08:39 PM
My mom would take about a dozen dove breasts and put them in a baking pan that had about a half inch sage dressing on the bottom then cover them up with more dressing and bake them, served with brown gravy and homemade yeast rolls.

Rick

Suo Gan
11-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Guys, Dove aint for eatin. I have given them more than a fair chance in the kitchen. The best recipe I have found is:

Preheat the oven to 350
Put ten dove breasts on a 12"x15" piece of cardboard
cook for twenty five minutes
remove from oven, throw away the dove and eat the cardboard.

That about says it all. SG

Slowpoke
11-05-2008, 03:50 AM
I always liked them best deep fried out in the field under a big shade tree, then we would go get another limit and repeat.

Usually saved all the hearts and gizzards and made a big pot of chile when we got home.

One time I was cleaning some doves at a range cattle drinker and looked down under the float and there was big ole Bluegill, so I dropped a dove heart in and it gobbled it up I dropped nine more in one at a time and it inhaled them as well.

good luck