PDA

View Full Version : CCI #350 Magnum primers?

Murphy
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I happened to come into 5K CCI #350 primers as a gift lastnight.

I've never really used Magnum primers for any of my loads.

Load and fire as I would standard? Use only where suggested for use with powders such as H110 & 2400?

Or just load my standard .45ACP, .44 Mag light to medium loads with them?

Thanks,

Murphy

felix
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Use either logic as you stated, Marc, and you'd be OK. Personally, I would keep them around until I got an ignition problem sometime after using an unknown powder off of a dusty shelf somewhere. Forceful primers typically need to have the boolits held tightly by the case when the case is short in length. ... felix

45nut
09-04-2008, 12:16 PM
indeed, the shelf life of primers properly stored is amazing. unless you "need" to use them up I would just hold them in reserve. they could be priceless in the future.

bobthenailer
09-14-2008, 05:58 PM
i happend into federal large pistol mag primers awhile back for $15.00 a thousand , i had all ready bought all the large & small pistol primers they hand for the same price so i started to buy the mags i tried them for accuracy in 45 acp with less than full loads around 800 fps and they worked fine and the accuracy was about the same as the same load with fed lp so i bought all 25,000 of them and have used about 5,000 so far so good

Tom W.
09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
They will last a long time if you don't need them just yet. I have some old Federal primers that a friend gave to me that he got when his Grandfather died. I sent some copies of the box to Federal and they said that they were made in the mid '50's.. almost as old as I am, and not one misfire with them....